Job Position: Sheet Metal Worker
Company: Wildstone Construction & Engineering
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Sheet Metal Worker Job Details:
Wildstone is a General Contractor building in diverse locations across western and northern Canada. Our core values capture our best practices and encourage our team to not only be better in their positions, but to be contributors in the community and to be their best with their families. We’re committed to creating a collaborative, team-oriented work culture and ensuring a great work/life balance for our people. If you share our values, we want to meet you.
We are currently recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker (Journeyperson – 1st Yr Apprentice) local to the Whitehorse area. Reporting to the Mechanical Team Lead, the successful candidate will be a team player, exemplify our core values, and have a strong commitment to site safety.
- Install sheet-metal ductwork, spiral, ventilation, and make-up air systems as per drawings and specifications
- Determine and adjust work schedules and interpret blueprints, drawings, and work with specifications for the 4th Year and Journeyperson’s positions.
- Repair existing ducts/hoods.
- Proper care and handling of tools and equipment used on site.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Journeyperson – Certified Journeyperson Sheet Metal Worker
- Apprentices: Registered as an apprentice with provincial/territorial regulatory body.
- Commercial, residential, and institutional experience an asset.
- Experience working on renovations and modifications on commercial projects.
- Working knowledge of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning – HVAC
- Custom Sheet Metal
- Personal hand tools required for the position.
- Understanding of modern construction practices and construction documents.
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work in a team
- Must have or be willing to obtain the following tickets: Fall Protection, WHMIS 2015, Elevated Work Platform, Level 1 First Aid, and H2S Alive.