Job title: Quality Control – Microbiology Analyst I
Location: College Station, TX
Quality Control – Microbiology Analyst I Job Details:
Follow Your Genki to FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB)
The work we do at FDB has never been more important-and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive – what FDB call Genki.
Summary: The Microbiology Analyst I will be responsible for assisting the QC microbiological aspects of cGMP compliance and testing at the FujiFilm Biotechnologies Diosynth Texas (FDBT) Quality Control Laboratory.
- Collect environmental monitoring (Total Air, Viable Air and Viable Surface) in a cleanroom/controlled environment
- Collect Utility Monitoring Samples (RODI/WFI) routinely and for qualification of systems.
- Sample Compressed Gas/Process Gas system
- Autoclave materials and components for use in the QC laboratory
- Routine QC laboratory cleaning
- Management of inventory items for the laboratory
- Ensure the lab is maintained (organized, clean, & properly supplied).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze raw data, assess assay and system suitability criteria.
- Ability to follow safety procedures outlined in the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Utilize SDS sheets to properly assess chemical hazards, spill response procedures, and PPE requirements if indicated.
- Good attention to detail and ability to utilize problem solving/trouble shooting skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit for long periods to work on a computer.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes, odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift/pull/push 50 lbs on occasion and 15 lbs regularly.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, and gloves.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor of Science or Associate of Science degree preferably in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related field OR at least one (1) year of experience in a science related laboratory or field.
- High School Diploma or GED
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email or call .
Apply for the job now!