Job title: CAPS QC Coordinator – Microbiology
Company: B. Braun
Location: Allentown, PA
CAPS QC Coordinator – Microbiology Job Details:
You’re an important part of our future. Hopefully, we’re also a part of your future! At B. Braun, we protect and improve the health of people worldwide. You support this vision, bringing expertise and sharing innovation, efficiency and sustainability as values. That’s why we would like to keep developing our company with you. Keeping your future in mind, we’re making a joint contribution to health care worldwide, with trust, transparency and appreciation. That’s Sharing Expertise.
CAPS QC Coordinator – Microbiology
Reference Code US-BZTQCC-81387
CAPS®, the nation’s largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation’s largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
Duties and responsibilities
- Position Summary:
- Ensure site-specific compliance with CAPS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Perform and review the Daily Compliance Verification Checklist, document results, and report to immediate supervisor.
- Perform and/or coordinate completion of:
- Environmental monitoring and documentation e.g. personnel monitoring, air bioburden, surface bioburden, temperatures, and particle counts
- Collect Environmental Monitoring samples as necessary
- New staff training
- Sterility tests, aseptic technique qualifications, and media fill process validations.
- Perform Document review of anticipatory and as appropriate non-sterile to sterile compounding batch records:
- Verify that raw materials meet specification limits
- Verify accuracy of labeling
- Perform final disposition of Batch
- Verify that product test results meet specification limits
- Verify that all documentation is complete
- Document non-compliance and evaluate if further investigation is needed
- Submit samples to the appropriate labs for chemical assay and microbial tests.
- Track vendor equipment calibration and maintenance records and assess for deviations.
- Enter test results or summaries into the pharmacy specific monthly and quarterly Quality Assurance report template.
- Under the direction of supervisor, document results of deviation and complaint investigations, causal analysis, corrective actions and preventive actions
- Support Internal & External audits.
- Maintain quality records (equipment calibration and maintenance, training, deviation and complaint investigation, environmental monitoring, Certificate of Analysis, clean room certification etc.).
- Participate in Director of Pharmacy’s staff meetings
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy operations and regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations.
- Responsibilities: Other Duties
- As assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Science (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a QC/QC department of a pharmaceutical or Allied Health Science.
- As assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in pharmacy preparation.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.