Job Position: Cook – Part Time
Company: Optima Living
Location: Kensington, PE – Victoria, BC
Cook – Part Time Job Details:
Let us welcome you home to The Kensington in Victoria, BC.
Optima Living operates Independent Living, Assisted Living, Supportive Living and Memory Care communities in Alberta and British Columbia. Our communities are among the best places to live in Western Canada.
Our Vision: For every person to feel at home.
This is truly supported by our credo. “Let us welcome you home.” All of us here feel it is an honour to work with our residents and we advocate a resident-centered approach where the Resident, is the focus of all our endeavours.
As the Cook, you are responsible for the well-being of our residents through the preparation and delivery of quality, home-cooked meals.
- Prepare and cook meals using current menu
- Store food in designated areas following all food safety and sanitation procedures
- Ensure proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures
- Maintain sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Clean workstation thoroughly prior to leaving area. Keep display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation and safety requirements
- Ensure the environment is safe and sanitary staff and residents; makes efforts to reduce safety hazards, accidents, and injuries where possible
- Maintain kitchen sanitation standards
- Interact with residents to resolve inquiries in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Demonstrate complete understanding of current menu
- Monitor inventory and deliveries of product and supplies
- Delivery of meals and clean up (smaller sites – confirm)
- Other duties as assigned to support operational requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with restaurant or home-cooking
- Strong background in food services in a residential care setting or hotel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with peers, residents, visitors, and operational partners
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle fast paced environment
- Comprehensive food services knowledge, including focus on quality, production, sanitation, and presentation
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Conditions of Employment
- Food Safe Certification
- Clear Police Information Check
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- COVID-19 vaccination proof. This requirement may be waived if you have received an exemption through the provincial government.
Powered by JazzHR