Job Position: Cleaner
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Cleaner Job Details:
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at
Job Summary: As a Cleaner of the BGIS SCS Team, you will be generally responsible for cleaning in a designated zone with an emphasis on quality control, health and safety & striving to exceed client expectations.
Key Responsibilities: Functioning as a core member of the operational team and reporting to the Manager/ Supervisor the Cleaner will:
- Clean floors by sweeping, mopping or vacuuming
- Sweeping of exterior perimeter of the building
- Empty waste receptacle
- Transport garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor
- Cleans and stores equipment and machinery used
- Replenishes cleaning solutions
- Follow procedures for dilution of detergents
- Low and high dusting, wiping surfaces, glass cleaning and cleaning bathrooms as required
- Notify supervisors concerning the need for major repairs
- Other duties that management may assign depending on facility needs (cleaning appliances, run dishwashers etc.)
- Experience in performing various cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance activities in an institutionalized environment.
- Experience in using floor maintenance machines, cleaning equipment, materials and solutions.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work including WHMIS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, clients and the general public.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and shifts as assigned as well as work in multiple locations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, prepare and maintain manual and electronic records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!