Job Position: Coordinator, Construction Services (Indigenous Youth Employment Opportunity)
Company: Defence Construction Canada
Location: Shilo, MB
Coordinator, Construction Services (Indigenous Youth Employment Opportunity) Job Details:
Are you a student interested in the construction management field?
Are you excited by the prospect of supporting infrastructure and environmental projects at one of Canada’s military bases in Alberta?
We are looking for Indigenous students in the construction management, engineering, environment, and project management field who have strong critical thinking, writing, and interpersonal skills to join one of our site office teams.
Defence Construction Canada is a dynamic and fast-paced Crown corporation. Our more than 1000 employees—all civilians—work in offices across the country, often co-located on military bases. Our clients include the Canadian Forces and the Department of National Defence’s infrastructure and environment programs. Our corporate values are dedication, collaboration, competence, and fairness. These values guide our actions, the way we make decisions and how we conduct our business. To help us lead the way, we are looking for open minded, highly motivated, ready to learn, and reliable individuals.
As part of DCC’s ongoing efforts to recruit a diverse workforce, the National Student Program offers students a 4, 8, or 12 month work experience term. This is a great opportunity for students to be exposed to a work environment and to expand their skills.
We are excited to have several opportunities in Alberta at the following locations:
- Moose Jaw
- Cold Lake
What You Can Expect
You will build a network of colleagues in a variety of disciplines who are passionate about the work they do and will lead and mentor you in a high-performing environment. Successful candidates will gain office and field experience in construction and /or project management work, and may support in the following tasks:
- Monitoring tasks related to inspection, construction contracts, and control of materials
- Checking compliance with contractual requirements and reporting deviations
- Maintaining records, schedules and documents, and preparing standard reports
- Supporting renovation and new construction projects
- Participating in the tendering phases of construction contracts by reviewing plans and specifications
- Participate in consultant, construction and staff meetings
What We Are Looking For
- Good judgement, positive attitude and flexible nature
- Knowledge of computer software programs
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently
Who We Are Looking For
- You meet the minimum age requirement to work in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba .
- You are currently enrolled in engineering, engineering technology, architecture, environmental science, or related field at an accredited college or university
- A valid drivers license and access to a vehicle is preferred
- You are eligible to work in Canada
- You self-identify as an Indigenous person (First Nations, Inuit or Métis)
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Coordinator, Construction Services (Indigenous Youth Employment Opportunity) Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Coordinator, Construction Services (Indigenous Youth Employment Opportunity) Vacancies in Canada.