Job Position: Cleaner – Team Lead
Company: BEST – For A Cleaner World
Location: Calgary, AB
Cleaner – Team Lead Job Details:
Why Choose BEST?
Established in 1956, BEST is a Canadian janitorial company that aims to create a cleaner world by focusing on communities’ social, environmental, and economic impact. We have been recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
SHIFT DAYS: Monday – Friday
SHIFT HOURS: 2:30 PM – 10:30 PM
When you join the BEST team, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive hourly pay rates that are always above the provincial minimum wage
- An excellent company culture, with access to educational grants and regular team events and celebrations
- Employee recognition and appreciation programs, like our BEST Guusto program, which rewards employees that go above and beyond with prizes
- Opportunities for career advancement, on-the-job training, and upskilling within a quickly growing company
You will be responsible for making sure your building looks clean, presentable, and inviting at all times. Some of the duties and responsibilities include maintaining common areas, and washrooms, mopping, sweeping, and wiping down the glass and other surfaces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily duties of both light and heavy-duty custodians
- Train new hires and foster BEST’s company culture, mission, and values
- Maintain open communication with Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager regarding staffing issues, safety, supplies, and other related business concerns
- Facilitate staff meetings as required to implement policies, procedures, and safety requirements
- Maintain and secure storage areas and cleaning equipment/supplies ensuring the safety of staff and the public
- Perform light and heavy-duty cleaning responsibilities including floor maintenance
- Perform minor equipment repairs and report vandalism
- Report equipment repairs and stock shortages
- Other duties as required per business needs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of WHIMIS and standard cleaning products, chemicals, and procedures, is an asset
- Basic computer and smartphone knowledge with experience using MS Office programs
- Ability to effectively analyze, plan, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Previous supervisory experience considered an asset;
- Ability to pass Canadian Background Check
BEST is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages applicants of all backgrounds.
Click apply today!
Powered by JazzHR