Job Position: Lead Carpenter
Company: ServiceMaster Restore
Expected salary: $20 – 30 per hour
Location: Bathurst, NB
Lead Carpenter Job Details:
ServiceMaster Restore of Northern NB is the leader in disaster restoration services for all of New Brunswick. With customer satisfaction being one of our top priorities and a company culture that can’t be beat, we take pride in the fact that we are Restoring Peace of Mind to our clients.
We are currently in need of an experienced Carpenter in the Bathurst area to work in a diverse setting and to be responsible for effectively executing all construction division projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. ServiceMaster Restore maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out flooring, roofing or drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Perform on-site production services in timely manner and provide the best possible customer service.
- Keeps internal personnel such as Managers and/or appropriate supervisors/project managers informed of daily schedule.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of all company products and services.
- Prior to leaving, provides customer with necessary safety information or instructions concerning all equipment left at the site and areas extracted and/or just cleaned. Leave job-site with clean and orderly appearance.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings with the Project Manager
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and reporting requirements at the highest priority
- Maintain professional conduct and appearance in all client facing activities while ensuring company dress code is adhered to
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by providing exceptional service throughout the project
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency
- Establish positive rapport with clients when possible
- Adherence to all company workplace policies
- Perform other duties as may be required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the Manager and/or Franchise Owner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Characteristic and Ability Requirements
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated sound work ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings and with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Operates with honestly and integrity with a genuine desire to make valuable contributions to the team
- Team player that fosters team-based learning
- Works well independently and in a team environment
Education Required: College Diploma
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred: Red Seal Carpenter Certification
Work Experience Requirements
Work experience required: Minimum three (1) years of experience in a lead carpenter role
Job related experience required: Construction experience in disaster restoration industry considered an asset
This position requires a moderate level of physical exertion. Moderate intensity of sensory effort is required.
There is a moderate risk of exposure to adverse working conditions.
Working outside of normal hours may be occasionally required to deal with emergencies.
We thank all candidates for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.