Job Position: Chef | Bassendean | No Weekends
Company: Amana Living
Expected salary: $18550 per year
Location: Bassendean, WA
Chef | Bassendean | No Weekends Job Details:
Amana Living is one of the largest Aged Care providers in Western Australia and has been responding to the needs of older people and those who care for them since 1962. Together, we enable older people to maintain their individuality, providing what is needed to support a fulfilling life. Our catering division Total Catering Solutions (TCS) is one of the leading Cook – Chill / Cook Freeze and Extended shelf-life food manufacturers in Perth, Western Australia.
Located in a Bassendean in a purpose-built facility, TCS utilises modern high tech production equipment and the latest technology in computer systems and software packages specifically designed for the food manufacturing industry.
The Chef role is a diverse position, working across all sections in production and with the team to ensure all daily production requirements are completed in line with strict standardised recipes and HACCP requirements.
This is a permanent full-time role | Monday to Thursday 4am-12pm and Friday 4am-10am | No Weekends
- Ensure production is completed in line with legislative guidelines such as Cook Chill, Cook Freeze, Extended Shelf life and Aged Care guidelines
- Adhere to the TCS HACCP program (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control point), completing the required paperwork within your section
- Prepare recipes and follow through the production cycle as required
- Bring any equipment issues or hazards to the immediate attention of the Production Manager
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and a neat, clean appearance always
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment to prevent injury to self, fellow staff members and others
- Recognised trade qualifications of Cookery (Chef)
- Experienced in large volume production / food manufacturing facilities (desirable)
- Demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Evidence of COVID-19 and 2023 Flu vaccinations
- Successful completion of a Pre-Employment Physical (medical including drug and alcohol screening) and reference checks
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance (within 6-months validity)
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Working for Amana Living offers you a fulfilling career with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the community we support, while advancing your professional development in a high performing team.
- Uniforms supplied and laundered
- Salary packaging benefits up to $18,550 per annum
- Discounted private health insurance with HBF and Medibank Private
- Health and Wellbeing programs and more!
Shortlisting and interviews will commence immediately.
Advertised: 01 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time