Job Position: Warehouse Storeperson
Company: Harvey Norman
Location: Mile End, SA
Warehouse Storeperson Job Details:
Harvey Norman Commercial Division is focused on delivering the highest standards of service to the building and construction industry. Established in 2000, during this period we have been responsible for the fit-out of many quality projects throughout South Australia. We are currently one of the only dedicated specialist suppliers of kitchen and bathroom products to the building and construction industry, distributing to numerous major builders, developers and plumbers.
As a business we employ the most talented people who deliver exceptional services through the lens of our values. Our Values define who we are, they guide our actions and behaviour and most importantly, they influence the way in which we work with each other and how we serve our customers. Our values are: Loyalty to our Company and Customers; Competence and Expertise; Committed to Providing Solutions; Positive Can Do Attitude, Passionate and Caring.
As a result of ongoing growth within our business, an opportunity now exists for an experienced, customer focused, hard working individual to establish themselves within a dynamic team.
As a Warehouse Store Person, you will be required to demonstrate the ability to accurately receipt incoming goods / stock, picking, preparing, packing and the timely dispatch of orders whilst ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are adhered to. This is a hands on role working within a fast paced environment.
A forklift license will be required and knowledge of regulatory and OH&S standards.
We are a business that values the impact talented people can have on both our culture and commercial success. We strive to ensure we provide you with the career growth and development that talented people both seek and deserve.
As a Warehouse Store Person your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with customers daily and ensure that all customer requests are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Works closely with the Sales & Service Support Coordinators on a daily basis
- Receiving, checking and allocating large volumes of incoming stock. Follow through with reporting any discrepancies that arise
- Ensuring all goods are carefully handled and placed strategically within the racking system to maximise on space and minimize damage
- Accurate picking, labelling and packing of orders to be dispatched
- Loading and unloading of stock from trucks and vehicles
- Ensure labour resources and transport providers are utilised effectively to meet requirements
- Control of all stock movements in the warehouse through the management of periodic stock checks and stocktakes
- General administration work
- Maintaining the warehouse in a clean, neat and orderly manner
- Heavy, safe lifting and manual handling of stock is an everyday task that is essential to this position
In addition to a professional attitude and proven work history in a similar role you will be required to possess and demonstrate the following skill sets and personality traits:
- At least 2 years of proven experience in warehousing/distribution
- Full valid Driver’s License is needed
- Forklift licence
- White card is desirable but not essential
- Picker license is desirable but not essential
- A willingness to listen, learn and possess a positive attitude
- Highly motivated and self driven with outstanding attention to detail
- Action orientated and customer focused
- Committed and strong work ethic
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Work unsupervised and always acts with integrity and trust
- Display a ‘can do’ attitude and not adverse to hands on work
What’s on offer:
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and salary package opportunities. You will also have genuine career advancement opportunities, generous product discounts and a supportive workplace culture where great work is truly recognised and rewarded.
If you can demonstrate a track record in warehousing, distribution and customer service along with the ability to exceed customer’s expectations and provide a service that is second to none, whilst delivering outstanding results, then this is the job for you.
Immediate start is offered to the successful applicant.
To express your interest, please send your resume and a covering letter clearly outlining why you would make a great addition to our team.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.