Job Position: Water – Sewer Technician
Company: Nasittuq Corporation
Water – Sewer Technician Job Details:
Empower Your Career with Nasittuq: Illuminate Your Path as a Water and Sewer Technician in the Arctic Frontier!
At Nasittuq Corporation, we take pride in delivering exemplary technical services in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce ensures the seamless operation of critical operations for the Department of National Defense (DND), ranging from facilities maintenance to logistical support.
Where You Will Be Working:
CFS Alert, the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement globally, offers a breathtaking backdrop on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. Explore beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna thriving year-round in this exceptional environment.
About the Role:
Water and Sewer Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant, including pump houses and reservoirs, and other elements of the potable water system. This role requires adherence to safety procedures and operates on an 8×4 rotational position in a remote Arctic location.
What You Will Bring:
– Eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance and pre-employment medical.
– Possess a valid passport for travel to CFS Alert, NU, including overnight stays in Thule, Greenland.
– Cross-cultural adaptability and a strong team player mindset are essential.
What We Offer:
– 40 hour work week, additional overtime eligible.
– Costs associated with travel to and from the site are covered.
– Private bedroom accommodations and meals provided on-site.
– Benefits plan after a 3-month probation period (extended health, dental, vision, disability, life) and pension plan, contributions matched by the employer (6%).
– Arctic gear is provided.
– Vacation pay (6%).
– Be part of a dynamic unionized labor force that champions your rights and fosters a thriving workplace culture.
Opportunities for Nunavut Inuit Beneficiaries:
Nasittuq Corporation is committed to supporting the growth and development of the Nunavut Inuit community. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to apply and explore the exciting opportunities available within our organization.
– We offer various programs tailored to support Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries in starting a new career path or advancing their existing careers. These programs include formal apprenticeship initiatives and in-house training and development opportunities.
Inclusivity and Recognition:
– At Nasittuq, we celebrate and value the diversity of our workforce. We actively encourage Nunavut Inuit applicants to apply, and we recognize the unique perspectives and skills they bring to our team.
– All applications from Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries will be given careful consideration for current and future vacancies. Resumes will be kept active on file for a full year, ensuring that opportunities are maximized.
Security Clearance Support:
– Nasittuq Corporation is committed to assisting qualified candidates through the security clearance process. We recognize the importance of building a skilled and diverse workforce, and Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries are integral to that vision.
How to Apply:
– If you are a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary seeking a fulfilling career with Nasittuq, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter. Please indicate your status as a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary in your application.
– Nasittuq Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to take advantage of the opportunities available and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᐃᓄᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ!
We invite you to join us and embark on a rewarding career journey!
40 hrs a week, 1343 a year