Job Position: Underground Production Geologist
Company: Agnico Eagle Mines
Location: Rankin Inlet, NU
Underground Production Geologist Job Details:
Reporting to the Underground Production Geology Coordinator, you will be part of the Geology Department. The Underground Production Geologist plays an important role in performing good geological practices in terms of providing quality geological information to mine operations to maximize the mining of the resource. He/She also plays an important role in drill hole planning and follow-up, supervising mapping – core logging – sampling – 3d modelling/interpretation activities as well as ensuring compliance with QA/QC. You will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s values, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Manage tasks and projects as assigned to the position by the Underground Production Geology Coordinator;
- Assist with the management of the UG delineation drilling program; ensure priorities and targets are reached, logging drill core in a timely manner;
- Map, sample & digitize UG development in ore and in waste;
- Ensure daily follow-up of UG production activities;
- Assist with the production geology activities such that files, maps, and records are accurate and up to date and in a timely manner;
- Integrate the geology models into the mine plan;
- Participate in the Ore tracking exercise for the underground and stockpile material;
- Participate in the daily, weekly, and monthly planning meetings with operations and engineering.
- Bachelor degree in Geology or Geological Engineering;
- Qualifications to register with NAPEG is required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in geology
- Underground production experience is an asset;
- Experience in narrow vein gold deposit is an asset;
- Underground Mining Modules/Formation Modulaire du travailleur Minier or equivalent is an asset;
- Qualify for an Approval Letter for access to Explosives (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of Datamine, Deswik, and DHLogger softwares is considered an asset;
- Leadership, Autonomy, and Team Spirit; Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Note that the official working language at Meliadine is English.
Your Work Schedule:
- Schedule: 14 days of work, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest;
- Accommodations and meals are provided on site at no cost to the employee. Agnico Eagle provides charter flights to and from the mine site and will accommodate to cover other travelling expenses according to your location of residence in Canada.