Job Position: Pipefitter
Location: Faro, YT
Pipefitter Job Details:
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Pipefitter to join our team! In this role you will get to supporting the Care and Maintenance team.
Local candidates preferred but open to candidates on a rotational fly-in/fly-out basis.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Plan, install and maintain pipe systems and supports, including working with HDPE dewatering systems.
- Working with hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Conducting pipeline and pumping system checks, scheduled inspections, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repairs.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout workshops and other areas to ensure a safe work environment and effectively manage risks.
- Demonstrate full compliance with the OHS and Environmental Management System standards by assisting with the implementation and participating in initiatives, regular meetings, investigations and training. Participating in and contributing to audits in the maintenance and production facilities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures. Ensure procedures are adhered to when carrying out all tasks, assisting colleagues to do the same
- Various other labour duties associated with dewatering and water treatment systems.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Training and/or experience working with McElroy fusing equipment considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude with submersible, sump, and centrifugal pump experience.
- Possessing a valid Mine Rescue Certificate (surface) compatible with Yukon OHS Mine Rescue Standard (OHS, 2016) and approved by Yukon WCB, or willingness and ability to undergo training to obtain such.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be able to effectively follow and give directions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts.
- Must be comfortable working both indoors and outdoors in various elemental conditions including rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Ability to lift to 20 kg
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!