Job Position: Temporary Labourer, Public Works
Company: Saint John
Expected salary: $20.54 per hour
Location: Saint John, NB
Temporary Labourer, Public Works Job Details:
$20.54 – $20.54/Hour
Temporary Full Time
April 7, 2024
The City of Saint John welcomes new and diverse talent.
We would like a chance to welcome you as a temporary labourer (40 hours per week) in Public Works.
- Do you enjoy working outside?
- Would you like to gain experience working for the City to add to your résumé?
- Are you a hard-working, reliable team player?
if you answered “yes” to the three questions above, please read on!
Good news: we want to hear from you whether:
- you already have the skills because you have been with us before (or done a similar job elsewhere); or
- this is your first application, and you are willing to learn new skills on the job. We are happy to train you if you are eager to learn.
Here’s the opportunity:
- We are hiring team-oriented, motivated temporary employees to join our Public Works and Transportation team for up to 6 months.
- You will be working with our experienced outside labour force to provide Saint Johners with excellent service in:
o Sidewalks and curbs
o Asphalt replacement and repair
o Traffic line painting
o Mowing medians
o Uptown litter-picking
o Stormwater ditches and pipes
o And more
- Your training and experience will guide which assignments we give you.
Here’s what we offer you:
- A temporary position at $20.54 per hour for up to 6 months.
- On-the-job training as needed – and the experience to show for it when the job finishes.
- A forty-hour work week.
- A variety of tasks.
Here’s what we need from you:
- You come to work every day in all weather, ready to work – and you’re willing to work hard.
- You are able to perform a variety of physical tasks.
- If you have road construction and/or highway control training/experience, that would be an asset. If you don’t, it is no barrier to applying.
- If you have a valid Class 3 Driver’s License, that would also be an asset.
If this is you, click on “I am interested.” You will be taken to a page where you can create a profile if you haven’t applied to the City before. If you already have a profile you can continue to the application by signing in. We accept applications through our online system only. If you need help with your application, please contact us directly at [email protected] or 506-658-2866.
Please note: This posting will remain open until all the positions have been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and which we serve. We encourage and support applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates who belong to such groups, who are qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.