Job Position: Agricultural Technology Advisor
Company: Green Diamond Equipment
Location: Grand Falls, NB
Agricultural Technology Advisor Job Details:
Our team is growing!
We are your Maritimes’ John Deere Dealership with 15 locations to serve you.
We are looking for a dedicated person to fill the role of Agricultural Technology Advisor at our Grand Falls NB location.
Precision Agriculture (Precision Ag) is a method of farming that uses technological innovations – including GPS guidance, drones, sensors, soil sampling and precision machinery – in order to grow crops more efficiently. With precision ag, John Deere is the industry leader in providing farmers with the tools they need to monitor, manage, and maximize their farm operations. From machine performance to field management to data analysis, customers are always connected to their machines, operators, and technology. The cloud-based platform makes it possible to pull valuable agronomic data out of every operation.
Please note: If we are impressed with your resume, you will receive an email asking you to take a quick 5 minute questionnaire from Predictive Index. Please keep an eye for it in your email. Sometimes it goes to your junk mail.
Provide expertise at the dealership surrounding crop production systems and agronomic best practices and build credibility with customers.
- Work with the Integrated Solutions Manager in the delivery of the dealership’s John Deere agricultural technology services.
- Assists in leading the organization in the area of John Deere precision farming products and agronomic knowledge
- Ensure understanding of John Deere agricultural technology solutions in sales, service, parts, and all other departments
- Serve as the internal and external technical specialist for new technology farming products
- Work directly with customers to optimize technology solutions for their operation.
- Record, analyze and monitor yields and data during plant/harvest.
- Creating field boundaries and maps with customers, automated steering, manage data
- May also support the dealership efforts with third-party providers
- Remains current on production practices, latest trends, and changes in industry
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience in an agriculture-related role
- Dealership sales, service, integrated solutions, training, or other related work experience with agricultural technology offerings preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor Certification considered an asset
- Above average comfort level with standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Demonstrates leadership, organizational, project management, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations, customers, and customers’ other advisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, Agriculture Mechanization, or equivalent experience preferred
What We Offer:
We offer full-time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan.
We are now offering a personal finance training program through Enriched Academy for all our employees (https://www.enrichedacademy.com/).
Please submit your resume today!