Job Position: Teacher Aide – MacGregor State High School , Education
Company: Queensland Government
Location: Macgregor, QLD
Teacher Aide – MacGregor State High School , Education Job Details:
Come and be part of our school community! MacGregor State High School is seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher Aide to support the manual arts and hospitality team. This role is offered on a temporary (until 13 December 2024, unless otherwise determined) part time basis, at 60 hours and 0.79 FTE per fortnight.
If you can see yourself as part of the amazing team of school support staff at MacGregor State High School, please apply now.
Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Part-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Brisbane – East
Job ad reference QLD/MSR540354/24T
Closing date 08-Feb-2024
Job duration 29 Jan to 13 Dec 2024 unless otherwise determined
Contact person Shenece Oliver
Contact details (07) 3347 3555
About the Department of Education
The Department of Education are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the community and schools we support by treating everyone with respect and dignity. This starts recruitment and selection. The methods of assessing suitability in the recruitment process may vary. This includes making reasonable adjustments to support applicants at all stages of the process and employee lifecycle.
The main duties of the position will include:
Material and classroom activity preparation:
- Setting up of practical workshops and classrooms prior to a demonstration lesson by D&T teachers.
- Preparation of all materials for curriculum projects as requested by D&T teachers.
- Operation of D&T plant and equipment to prepare materials such as a table saw, band saw, thicknesser and a docking (mitre) saw.
- Monitor and store the quantities of equipment, materials and supplies in the D&T Faculty.
- Complete regular stocktake of wood, metal, hand tools and electrical equipment.
- Monitor all D&T electrical and mechanical equipment conducted annual or bi-annual.
- Maintenance of equipment, tools and machinery at regular intervals.
- Undertaking minor departmental maintenance on plant and equipment, performing simple welding tasks as approved by Head of Department.
- Provide administrative assistance to D&T teachers. This may include photocopying information sheets for classes, conducting departmental stocktaking and keeping machinery maintenance records, phoning trades’ people and assisting with quotes for repairs.
Basic cleaning and housekeeping:
- This will involve emptying bins and dust filter collection bags, clearing unused materials, putting away hand tools and equipment, replenishing material supplies, and moving mechanical equipment between workshops as required.
- Supporting hospitality teachers with set up for cooking practical exercises.
- Collating and ordering shopping for hospitality.
The ideal applicant will be someone who is:
- Highly motivated, well organised and able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively and appropriately with students, staff and the wider community.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and prioritise workloads and to be flexible in a changing work environment.
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of school operations, standards and work processes.
Please refer to the attached role description for any mandatory requirements for this position.
How to Apply
- Please attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history); and
- A 1-pg written statement in response to the attached role description.
We welcome all applicants to share any support needed to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Salary rate shown is reflective of full-time (1.0 FTE).
The Department of Education is a family inclusive workplace.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
For a full list of the position responsibilities and mandatory requirements, please ensure you download the attached role description and candidate information fact sheet and follow the instructions.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Teacher Aide – MacGregor State High School , Education Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Teacher Aide – MacGregor State High School , Education Vacancies in Australia.