Job Position: Fitter & Machinist
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Fitter & Machinist Job Details:
Fitter & Machinist – Service Centre Melbourne
- West Heidelberg, Victoria
- An exceptional opportunity for a Trade Assistant to join a well-established manufacturing/servicing business.
About the business and the Role:
ProReman is a long established and growing business. The company is a part of the Parts & Services division of Epiroc, a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure, and natural resources industries.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager this role offers a diversity of activities including but are not limited to supporting all areas relating to the service centre. Partnering technical support to provide solutions to customer service requirements.
This position will require safe and responsible performance of all duties with the use of ProReman manuals, procedures and instructions. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of activities for ProReman and its associated group entities.
Join our team and enter a world of innovation, commitment, and collaboration. We want to invest in you and develop your career, to ensure you maximise your potential and are a valuable part of our high-performance team.
- Daily tasks as required across all service areas: stripping, cleaning, quoting, machining, rebuilding and testing
- Troubleshooting service issues and when necessary escalating issues to relevant technical service area for resolution
- Support the Workshop Manager in setting and fulfilling the national service plan
- Inventory control – receive, despatch, parts picks and parts ordering
- Provide workshop supervision and leadership
- Guide and mentor Apprentice Fitter Machinists
- Provide assistance to team members when required
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Adherence to company procedures
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
Essential Position Requirements:
To be considered for this role you will possess these key skills and experience:
- Extensive fitting and machining experience inclusive of welding
- Demonstrated Industry experience
- Understanding of the importance of our products to customers
- Computer literacy in word, outlook, excel
- Must excel in a fast paced, agile environment where critical thinking, strong technical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and ready to embrace change
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts with desirable outcomes
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are held in the strictest confidence.
Please address how you meet with the essential position requirements in your cover letter and send through with your resume via the Apply for this job link at the bottom of this advertisement.
Join the ProReman team and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities to further build your career within a global group, training and personal growth as well as a range of attractive employment benefits and remuneration.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, Aboriginal. Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support of their leaders.
We are committed to giving you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity, and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to growing fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at