Job Position: Station Manager
Company: Inland Group
Location: Halifax, NS
Station Manager Job Details:
*** Onsite at YOW – Ottawa, Ontario (220 Convair Private)***
Full-Time Permanent Position
Paid Employee Relocation Assistance Available
The members of the Inland Group of Companies (Inland Technologies, IDS and Quantem Aviation Services) are highly experienced in environmental management, aircraft de-icing, ground handling and pretty much any other aviation support service you can think of. We operate at over 50 airports in three countries. Inland Technologies core business is the delivery of airport environmental compliance programs. We are continuously innovating the technologies we use to provide our range of services including spent aircraft de-icing fluid collection and recycling, wastewater management, and aircraft de-icing fluid manufacturing for reuse. In addition to environmental services at our YOW station, we provide aircraft de-icing and anti-icing, centralized deicing facility management, into-plane fueling and fuel farm management. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at:
We are currently providing an opportunity for a well-rounded, business-minded, customer and employee satisfaction focused professional to join our team in the position of Station Manager to oversee our operations at YOW Ottawa International Airport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote adherence to and hold site employees accountable for leading safety and regulatory compliance with all local, provincial and federal rules and regulations;
- Represent Inland in customer relations with our airline partners, the airport authority and all other stakeholders ensuring service provided exceeds expectations;
- Responsible for overseeing all recruitment, onboarding, employee training and development for the station;
- Performing regular employee evaluations and assessments;
- Develop, implement, and update a site manpower plan that maintains adequate coverage consistent with operations requirements for performance;
- Monitor station performance and delegate, realign and cross-train staff to improve productivity;
- Prepare budgets, create invoicing, and manage payroll with respective corporate position(s);
- Take proper measures to ensure that aircrafts are de-iced and refueled properly, and airline manual requirements are met;
- Stay current with local and industry standards and working groups by participating in current industry projects and organizations;
- Ensure all reporting; record keeping, and communications are complete, accurate and timely as per company policies;
- Inform key stakeholders on facility issues and new airport/airline policies;
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests immediately;
- Comply with airline contracts and ensure specifications are met;
- Complete semi-annual site inventory;
- Manage and control site expenditures within agreed budgets;
- Implement and supervise a regular program of maintenance for all equipment, to include establishing parts supply relationships and accounts with supply manufacturers;
- Promote good relations with suppliers and subcontractors that supply goods and services to Inland and work to reduce costs;
- Work cooperatively with all team members and external stakeholders involved in the completion of assigned duties;
- Foster a team environment and create a “group culture”;
- Drive and maintain a high level of efficiency and productivity.
Travel: Ability to travel locally, domestically, and internationally on short notice to meet immediate business needs should the need arise
Hours of work: Due to the nature of our business, hours of work are to be flexible with additional hours possibly required for urgent organizational needs.
Please Note: This position requires a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC), Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) and a ROC-A (Radio Operator Certificate-Aeronautical) license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Aviation Management, Business Management, or a related field of study;
- 5+ years of management experience within the aviation industry;
- 7-10 years of airline operational experience including but not limited to customer service, maintenance, de-icing operations, facility requirements and safety/regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of regulatory and airline policies, warehouse procedures, operating station equipment, and aircraft handling procedures;
- Flexible schedule;
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs;
- Basic understanding of accounting management principles;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to listen to others and value opinions, interpret information, promote, and execute ideas, prepare reports and presentations, lead groups and provide foundation of open communication;
- Solid project management skills to include coordination of team, identifying and assessing project criteria, implementation of key tasks, communication and monitoring of progress and results, and managing to project completion with final results and outcomes being reported.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull objects up to 75 pounds occasionally;
- Must have the ability to climb 15-foot heights for work;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus;
- It is expected that the candidate be physically fit and able to perform all operational requirements;
- Position involves standing or sitting for extended periods of time as well as bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing, using hands to control tools and feel objects, reaching with hands and arms;
At Inland, we offer the following benefits, some of which are subject to eligibility:
- A rewarding and safe work environment (company provided PPE);
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching;
- Growth and advancement opportunities for high potential employees;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Access to group rates and discounts.
If you are excited about the possibilities you can bring to our organization, and you meet with the requirements for knowledge, skill, and ability, please apply in confidence.
Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship now or in the future.
Inland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2023 & 2022 & 2021
Deloitte Private, Canada’s Best Managed Companies
The Inland Group of Companies
EcoVadis (Certified Sustainability Performance Ratings)
The Inland Group of Companies
Powered by JazzHR