Job Position: Mentor- Nunavut (Remote Camp)
Company: Dexterra Group
Mentor- Nunavut (Remote Camp) Job Details:
WHO ARE WE?
We’ve been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- As a Mentorship Trainer, you will provide mentorship and guidance to our new staff members who are starting their career in camps and catering. You will help them learn the ropes of the industry, develop their professional and personal skills, and achieve their goals.
- Provide mentorship and training to new staff members on various aspects of camps and catering, such as customer service, cleaning, food safety, teamwork, problem-solving, etc.
- Conduct regular check-ins and feedback sessions with new staff members to monitor their progress and performance.
- Identify and address any issues or challenges that new staff members may face in their work environment.
- Coordinate and facilitate training sessions for new staff members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Act as a role model and a source of support for new staff members throughout their journey
- Collaborate with other trainers and managers to ensure consistency and quality of mentorship program.
- Train new staff members on standard operating procedures (SOPs) relevant to their jobs and assess their competency.
- Work with the manager to ensure new staff members are confident and competent before being signed off and provide extra training if needed.
- This position requires travel to various remote sites.
- This position may involve working in outdoor and remote locations, as well as in different shifts and schedules.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- The successful candidate will possess the following experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in camps and catering.
- The successful candidate will possess the following required skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- A positive, enthusiastic, and empathetic attitude.
- A willingness to learn and grow as a mentor and a leader.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work in different settings and situations.
- This position may require lifting, carrying, and moving heavy objects and equipment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an industry that’s more important than ever!
- Employee Referral Program!
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.