Job Position: Social Worker – Rankin Court Treatment Centre Alcohol and Drug Service
Company: NSW Health
Expected salary: $70944 – 101211 per year
Location: Sydney, NSW
Social Worker – Rankin Court Treatment Centre Alcohol and Drug Service Job Details:
Position Title: Social Worker
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Hours per week: 38
Position Grade: Social Worker Level 1 – 2
Salary: $70,944.00 – $101,211.00 base salary per annum
Enterprise Agreement: The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Professional & Associated Staff Agreement 2022
Department Name: Rankin Court Treatment Centre Alcohol and Drug Service
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing health services to our community. Guided by our values of compassion, excellence, integrity and justice, we promote a culture of diversity and inclusion and empower our people to learn, grow and innovate.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic team leading our approach to the provision of quality care to clients of the Rankin Court Treatment centre and our Feasibility of Opioid Injectable Treatment (FOpIT).
Benefits of working at St Vincent’s include:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a wide of range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Career development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic team leading our approach to the provision of quality care to clients of the Alcohol and Drug Service (Community Outpatient Service). Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high-quality client centred care. The successful applicant will be expected to be able to provide high quality evidence-based interventions for people who use substances. The social worker will be working alongside a Full Time Social Worker at Rankin Court Treatment Centre.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide social worker support to people of all ages and cultural groups, including individuals, families and communities. They will also be expected to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary health care team so as to achieve goals and health outcomes.
The RCTC Social Worker will work as part of ADS service providing cover and support within the St Vincent’s Hospital Alcohol and Drug Service.
Diversity and Inclusion at St Vincent’s:
St Vincent’s is committed to employing a workforce that reflects the community we care for. We strongly encourage applications from people that are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally diverse, sexuality or gender diverse and/or living with disability.
Employment with St Vincent’s is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases – NSW Health Policy Directive (PD2023_022) or subsequent revisions in force. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with this policy directive.
We are seeking a skilled and energetic Social Worker who possess a passion for person centred care. We welcome applications from people who are responsible for conducting assessments, counselling, care planning, brief interventions and discharge planning to clients accessing Rankin Court Treatment Centre. The position will liaise with other health care professionals within St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney and with external agencies relevant to the area of client treatment and care. The social worker is responsible for ensuring that appropriate treatment strategies are conducted in consultation with consumers of the service, and that outcome measures are routinely gathered. The social worker shall provide clinical cover for ADS colleagues as required.
To have your application considered you are required to upload a current CV/Resume as well as a separate cover letter/document addressing the ‘Selection Criteria’ as below. Internal applicants i.e. current employees of St Vincent’s Hospital or an entity of SVHA are required to apply via their Workday account.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia.
- Degree in Social Work and eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of multidisciplinary teams in a high demand environment with competing priorities with sound liaison, negotiation and time management.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills and computer literacy in MS applications, email and an electronic medical record.
- Demonstrated clinical skills, knowledge and/or experience in bio-psychosocial assessment, counselling, therapy interventions, case management, advocacy and discharge planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development
- Demonstrated understanding of the health and social issues affecting people who use drugs, and an understanding of harm reduction based approaches in working with substance use.
Please, to apply click
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Social Worker – Rankin Court Treatment Centre Alcohol and Drug Service Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Social Worker – Rankin Court Treatment Centre Alcohol and Drug Service Vacancies in Australia.