Job Position: Nurse Practitioner
Company: Government of Yukon
Expected salary: $127628 – 148293 per year
Location: Carmacks, YT
Nurse Practitioner Job Details:
This is a until -filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time after 10 business days with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This competition will be used to fill 3 permanent full-time positions working 75 hours bi-weekly. It will establish a 12-month eligibility list which may be used to fill similar positions.
One position is based full time in , one based in , offering services to and one based in offering services to , in the beautiful .
Community Nursing Branch is committed to excellence in the provision of Primary and Community Health Care throughout Yukon communities and firmly believes in a client-focused service delivery. This work occurs in a very dynamic and evolving environment that constantly strives to improve health services to rural Yukon.
As an NP in community, you act as an important link between clients and health services where you seek to strike a balance between autonomous practice and a broader collaborative model of care that includes primary health care nurses, family physicians, community health nurses and other allied health professionals (i.e. optometrists, dentists, etc.).
- For more information on this job, please contact Jenna McDowell, Manager Clinical Practice & Quality Assurance at 867-667-8330 or
- For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Melanie Kaiser, Manager Recruitment & Relief at 867-667-8328 or
Because we believe health care positions play a critical role in the lives of Yukoners, we also offer:
- yearly reimbursement for licencing fees.
Your career, your home, your lifestyle
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here and make a difference in so many ways. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
As part of our team, your achievements and enjoyment in both your work and personal life will be valued as you explore the many opportunities the Yukon, and the Government of Yukon, has to offer.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications below. Selections for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Master of Nursing, Nursing Practitioner Family-All Ages or Adult stream
- Eligible for registration as Nurse Practitioner with Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- Recently applied knowledge of Nurse Practitioner theory, practices and techniques normally acquired through work experience, typically demonstrated through a minimum of 1- 2 years of independent NP practice.
- Experience working in rural/remote First Nation’s communities is an asset
It may be helpful for you to review
Desired knowledge, skills and suitability
n, the following:
- Developing strong relationships with multidisciplinary teams to influence collaborative goals.
- Ability to provide leadership as a clinical expert/resource to provide quality care and service delivery.
- Strong understanding of ethics and confidentiality in practice.
- Ability to research current literature and integrate new-evidenced based principles into nursing practice as appropriate.
- Knowledge of trauma and its relationship with substance use; ability to provide trauma-informed care.
- Ability to recognize the importance of self care.
- Ability to provide person-centred care that focuses on improving outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills, with the ability to solve complex problems.
Conditions of employment
- Current, active registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association as a Nurse Practitioner, in good standing
- RCMP Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
- TB screening
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS
This job requires you to perform, and/or be exposed to, the following:
Clients who are ill or have communicable diseases; lab specimens and body fluids, potential needle punctures; intoxicated, confused, or combative clients or clients with high level of emotional needs; direct and vicarious trauma which may lead to post traumatic stress disorder; radiation (x-rays), chemical supplies which may be caustic; driving in adverse weather and road conditions; video display terminals for extended periods of time
- For help on creating your E-recruitment profile, email
or phone 867-667-9453.
24 January 2024
23 April 2024