Job title: Senior School Chemistry Teacher
Company: Sewickley Academy
Location: Sewickley, PA
Senior School Chemistry Teacher Job Details:
ABOUT SEWICKLEY ACADEMY
Distinguished by its rigorous academics, outstanding faculty, and highly motivated student body, Sewickley Academy is Pittsburgh’s longest-standing coeducational independent PreK-12 day school. Our mission is to inspire and educate students to engage their hearts, minds, and hands to cultivate their full individual and collective potential in the service of a greater good. At the Academy, every student is encouraged to explore their passions and excel while embracing their authentic selves.
With the recent completion of state-of-the-art computer science and robotics classrooms and new athletic facilities, the Academy is poised for the continued expansion of our STEM and athletic programs. We believe strongly in the importance and value of a well-rounded education in academics, the arts, athletics, and community service. Our faculty and staff from all departments and divisions work together to create an environment of encouragement and support by inspiring students to reach their goals and develop a love of learning.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and work/life balance programs including a premium-free health plan option, an excellent retirement plan, generous leave time, and tuition benefits programs. Are you searching for a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people come together to serve our students? If so, apply for this today!
We are seeking an innovative and passionate individual to fill the role of Senior School Chemistry Teacher. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering high-quality chemistry education, ranging from college-prep to Advanced Placement (AP) levels. This position involves not only teaching responsibilities but also engagement within the Science Department, advising a group of 8-10 students, and contributing to extracurricular activities such as clubs or committees.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic science educator who leverages technology and interactive teaching methods effectively. Their active participation in the school community, collaboration with colleagues, and commitment to fostering positive learning relationships will be vital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate meaningful, rigorous, level-appropriate instruction to students enrolled in chemistry courses spanning from college-prep through the Advanced Placement level
- Collaborate with Science Department members to enhance and create courses that challenge and inspire students to think independently, creatively, and critically
- Contribute positively to the growth and development of the Science Department
- Mentor and support students as they strive to become stronger scientists and critical thinkers who are well prepared to take on the challenges of college-level courses
- Serve as a dedicated advisor to a group of eight to ten students, supporting and encouraging their personal and academic growth
- Embrace the school’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and continually evaluate curriculum and pedagogy to reflect this commitment
- Demonstrate a desire for constant professional and personal growth by regularly participating in and seeking out professional learning opportunities
- Promote school life by sponsoring student clubs and activities and serving on academic committees
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemistry Education required; Master’s degree preferred
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of three years of secondary school science teaching experience
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Proven success working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and school leaders
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
All interested applicants applying for this position should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Sewickley Academy is committed to having an inclusive community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Academy does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Apply for the job now!