Job Position: Rig Electrician
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador
Rig Electrician Job Details:
Category Oil & Gas
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR UPCOMING WORK
START DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: The Rig Electrician is responsible for operation and maintenance of electrical systems and instrumentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The candidate must have completed an appropriate course in Industrial Electrical Technology at a recognized training institution, and apprenticeship experience and/or additional training to the equivalent of that required for a Canadian inter-provincial journeyperson’s certificate
- 2+ years experience as a Rig Electrician on a Semi-Submersible or Similar Installation
- 2+ years with previous High Voltage and Low Voltage Experience
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment.
- Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Structured and organized mindset
- High level of integrity
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- *Flight/Accommodations Supplied for Crew Changes (if applicable)
- *Travel allowance provided for crew change
- *Offshore Safety Training will be provided
- paid training days
- per diem and mileage for training days
- flights/accommodations provided (if applicable)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of the electrical equipment and systems of the rig and to secure its operation.
- Ensure the electrical installation and equipment is in accordance with regulations.
- Carry out and report maintenance in accordance with the maintenance program and report to his/her supervisor any modifications registered.
- Keep the work area, tools, and parts clean and in good repair.
- Order, through the immediate superior, any required spare parts for planned and non-planned maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that all work on electrical installations is performed in accordance with valid safety regulations, technical regulations, and relevant procedures. Maintain an active approach to electrical safety.
- Observe to uncover any non-compliance and immediately report these to his/her superior.
- Other duties as assigned
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Electrician NL
Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited – NL
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.