Job Position: Meat Associate -PT (Langley)
Company: Otter Co-Op
Location: Langley City, BC
Meat Associate -PT (Langley) Job Details:
Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Part-Time Meat Associate for our Retail Center located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Otter Co-op is a diverse and growing organization, serving the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and BC Interior since 1922. With over 100 years in business and over 1000 in our team, we are proud to be a locally owned and community minded member of the neighbourhoods we live, work and play in. We operate three food and pharmacy stores (including one with a fashion and hardware department), twenty-nine Angry Otter liquor stores, two feed mills, two bulk petroleum facilities, the Angry Otter Tap & Forno and Brewery in North Vancouver, the Highwayman Pub in Abbotsford, the Sawbucks pub in South Surrey and twenty-five gas station/convenience stores. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at .
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and safety.
- Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale.
- Grind meats using powered grinders and slicing machines.
- Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry or fish and may wrap prepared meats, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- Prepare/package product for sale.
- Must be able demonstrate
- Stock product to cases and shelves.
- Loading and unloading of product.
- Perform clean up duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Previous meat department experience an asset but not required, will train on site.
- Experience meat cutting is an asset, will train on site.
- Motivation to learn and grow within the role.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- MUST have open availability and be able to work a variety of shifts 7 days a week.
- This position is based at the Parallel Food Store, though it may require on some occasions to travel and work at other locations as business needs arise.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Wages
- Wage increases based on hours worked & meeting expectations in the position
- Annual bonus program for all eligible team members
- For eligible positions: comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan
- Team discount on Gas, Liquor, Food, Fashion, Hardware, Feed & Restaurant purchases
- Co-op Membership with an annual dividend payment on qualified purchases
- Education Assistance Program
- Learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
keywords: meat, journeyman, meat cutter, butcher, slaughter, apprenticeship, food production, food processing, food prep, customer service, retail, sales, grocery, supermarket, culinary, cook, chef, kitchen, food, beverage, hospitality
Powered by JazzHR