Job Position: Registered Nurse Critical Care Certificate Required
Company: Humber River Hospital
Expected salary: $37.93 – 54.37 per hour
Location: Toronto, ON
Registered Nurse Critical Care Certificate Required Job Details:
Humber River Health Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Since opening our doors as North America’s first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Health, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Health is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Health, we’re not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Join our team of Critical Care Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Our Critical Care Unit offers state of the art care for cardiac, medical and surgical critically ill patients.
Our Critical Care Registered Nurses are charged with the care of the most vulnerable patients and their families. Using the latest technologies and working with interdisciplinary teams they deliver compassionate paitent-centred care.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Critical Care
Hourly Rate Range: $37.93 – $54.37
Schedule Requirements: Must be available days, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Care of acutely ill cardiac medical and surgical patients.
- Care of patients requiring Hemodynamic and ventilation monitoring by means of invasive and non- invasive approaches.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members embracing patient centered care.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required; ACLS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years Critical Care experience.
- Critical Care Certificate required.
- Experience in working on a Nurse Lead Rapid Response Team preferred
- Experience in critical care with hemodynamic monitoring and invasive and non invasive ventilation required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Good problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated good patient assessment skills. Patient assessment course preferred.
Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why choose Humber River Health?
At Humber River Health, our staff, physicians, and volunteers are lighting new ways in healthcare. We are proud to be recognized as a part of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. We support employees by providing evidence-based leadership and cultivating a culture that consistently wows as a Huron Consulting hospital. We are a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN) and are deeply involved in research and academic collaboration. We are dedicated to high-quality patient care and demonstrate our values of compassion, professionalism, and respect.
Attracting and retaining a workforce that represents the diverse communities surrounding Humber River Health, is a priority. We encourage applicants from all equity-deserving groups, including but not limited to, individuals who identity as Indigenous, racialized, seniors, persons living with disabilities, women, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process as well as during employment at Humber River Health. Please direct any accommodation requests to our recruitment team.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Health, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Registered Nurse Critical Care Certificate Required Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Registered Nurse Critical Care Certificate Required Vacancies in Canada.