Job Position: Registered Nurse
Company: Government of Western Australia
Expected salary: $75957 – 96712 per year
Location: Pilbara, WA
Registered Nurse Job Details:
Salary: RN Level 1 $75,957 – $96,712 p.a pro rata (plus 11% superannuation)
Location: Karratha Health Campus
Unit/Division: Pilbara – Population Health – Nursing and Midwifery
Work Type: Fixed Term – Full Time, Fixed Term – Part Time
Position No: 00615264
Closing Date: 2024-02-05 4:00 PM (YYYY-MM-DD)
Fantastic opportunity in Karratha for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our Population Health Team, for a Fixed Term Full-Time or Fixed Term Part-Time appointment, with the possibility of extension(s) and/or permanency
Country Nursing and Midwifery Incentive Program
Ever considered a career in the country? The Country Nursing & Midwifery incentive program is available to new and existing nurses and midwives – across a broad range of patient-facing roles – on fixed term or permanent contracts at 76 select locations. Eligible nurses and midwives can receive between $5,000 and $17,000 paid over 12 months –
About this role: In collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Manager & Clinical Nurse Community, the Registered Nurse Community is responsible for the provision of quality primary health care to children and families.
Pilbara Population Health is a multidisciplinary team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Allied Health Assistants, Community nurses, Public Health clinicians and Health Promotion staff, that work together to provide community nursing, allied health, public health and health promotion services to the community.
What we are looking for:
- experience working with a diverse group of patients and diverse spectrum of the Population
- an understanding of the Principles of Primary Health Care and family centred practice
- experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills
What we can offer you: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits:
- Location based allowances including:
- additional North West paid leave
- District Allowance – regional specific
- Annual travel subsidy (ALTC)
- Air-conditioning subsidy allowance
- Country Nursing and Midwifery Incentive Program (For further information see attached Flyer)
- Heavily subsidised housing
- Relocation allowance (For further information see attachments “WA Health incentives – Belong Flyer” and “Relocation incentives”)
- Paid study Leave assistance – regional specific as per EBA
- Generous salary packaging benefits:
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- Plus, Additional Remote Area Specific Benefits.
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- HECS-HELP incentive (For further information see attached Flyer)
- 11% Superannuation Guarantee. For further information
Want to know more about this role? We encourage you to contact Shelley Bolton on Tel: 08 9144 7833
We think you’ll like it here: Our employees like working here, and we think you will too. Watch this video to find out what they have to say.
About the Area: There is a wealth of information about living and working in Karratha . The WA Country Health Service (WACHS) is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia. Our core business is the provision of quality, accessible health services to country WA residents and visitors .
There is a wealth of information about living and working in the Pilbara Region, to learn more about a nursing career within WA Country Health and living in the North West, please click and to learn more about living and working in country WA by visiting our website at . and
How to apply? Applicants are required to apply online so allow enough time to complete the online application process and attach your documentation. If you experience difficulties, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77 for immediate assistance during business hours.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria in no more than 2-3 pages (as outlined in the attached JDF)
- A comprehensive CV that clearly shows your experience relevant to this role.
- The names and contact details of two (2) professional referees. It is preferable for one of your referees to be your current supervisor or manager
Eligibility to Apply: Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector. Eligibility for sponsorship may be considered for some vacancies. You are encouraged to discuss this with the contact person listed in the advertisement before completing the application as there are several steps that are required to be completed prior to progressing any application for
AHPRA Registration: To be considered for this position you need to be eligible for registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Board (AHPRA). If you are not eligible for registration, please do not continue this application and contact the person named in the advert for further advice.
Subsequent Vacancies: Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to fill other “similar” vacancies throughout the health service. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised vacancy, then the next most suitable applicant may also be selected from this process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of twelve (12) months from when the authorised delegate endorses the recruitment decision.
Other Conditions: WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
This vacancy is subject to a Western Australian Working With Children (WWC) Check. For further information please refer to the WWC website at:
Please note this recruitment process requires completion of satisfactory Pre-Employment Health Assessment (PEHA). Any offer of employment with WA Country Health Service (WACHS) is conditional on satisfactory PEHA to ensure you are able to perform the inherent requirements of the position. An unsatisfactory PEHA will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn. Please see the attached WACHS PEHA Policy for further information.
Diversity Statement: WA Health is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of our service. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. WA Health supports flexible working practices within the context of a quality health service. WA Health is committed to a smoke free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm will not be accepted.