Job Position: Construction Director
Company: Design & Build Recruitment
Location: Canberra, ACT
Construction Director Job Details:
Our client is a national top tier commercial builder with over 10 years of experience in Australia delivering major New Build, Refurbishment and Fit-out projects up to $80M.
Operating across commercial, education, institutional & government with a strong pipeline of upcoming work and some major recent wins, they are looking for an experienced Construction Director to oversee the ACT portfolio of projects.
As a Construction Director, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee and manage the construction division
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the construction team (Project Managers)
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Foster internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ensure all projects are delivered safely and to a high standard
- Work closely with the General Manager to continue the success and growth of the company
- Ensure staff performance is maintained at the company standard
- Represent the company at an executive level
- Maintain existing healthy pipeline of projects and build/grow turnover
Requirements to be considered for the Construction Director role:
- Proven track record as a trusted Project Director or Construction Manager at a Head Contractor
- Previous experience running complex projects from start to finish
- Experience working for a Tier 2 or Tier 3 head contractor
- Have successfully delivered commercial construction projects valued +$20m
- Strong administration skills and knowledge of both the construction function and pre-construction functions
- Focus on quality of construction and exceptional service
- Ability to identify and minimize risk for the Company
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of computer literacy and exceptional understanding of commercial construction software
- Highly diligent, organised and resourceful with strong attentional to detail
- Honesty, integrity and positive attitude
For any questions relating to this role or other opportunities with D&B and our clients please contact Denise Kostoulias on 02 9376 8200 or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Construction Director Apply Now!
Discover More Design & Build Recruitment Jobs, and Find more jobs in Canberra, ACT.
Also, Check out More Construction Director Vacancies in Australia.