Job Position: Receptionist (18-month contract)
Company: Jardeg Construction Services
Location: Mississauga, ON
Receptionist (18-month contract) Job Details:
Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Buildings division and deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for all activities within the reception area and executes tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures while adhering to Graham’s Code of Business Ethics & Conduct. During the 18-month contract, the Receptionist will perform administrative and clerical duties, including greeting and directing visitors, answering incoming calls, responding to emails, managing incoming and outgoing mail, and assisting the administration team with room bookings, catering, and transportation needs. As the first point of contact when guests enter the office, the Receptionist will need to deliver effective customer service to all clients, visitors, and employees of Graham and its affiliates.
As a Receptionis at Graham you will:
- Manage and maintain reception areas in office
- Organize and restock the supply room
- Revise and update office, project, and contact information.
- Assist with additional administrative projects
- Sort, stamp, and distribute all incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail and courier packages to be delivered to intended recipients
- Administer office meeting room calendar and schedule
- Order supplies and retain invoices for records
- Greet all office visitors in a professional manner, determine their needs, and direct them to the appropriate contact or service
- Answer and forward all incoming calls to the proper department or contact
- Provide basic information to callers as required
- Monitor phone system, ensuring voicemail is checked and dealt with accordingly
- Respond to employee emails, meeting room and conference call bookings, and other administrative requests within the office
- Manage requests and inquiries from clients, visitors, and employees in a timely, constructive, and respectful manner
- Minimum high school diploma; Business school graduate is preferred
- 2 years of professional work experience in a high-volume office in an administrative or receptionist role
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Sound understanding of MS Office Suite and MS Teams for Business.
- Professional and effective communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Courteous, helpful, and professional demeanour
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
The Graham Advantage
- We are one of North America’s largest General Contractors
- Graham is 100% employee owned
- We champion development of our employees, including having accredited PMP and Gold Seal training available in-house
- We have a balanced portfolio of exciting, challenging, and career-defining
Build Your Career!