Job Position: MC Truck Driver
Location: South Australia
MC Truck Driver Job Details:
Qube Forestry provides cut to length, infield chipping and marshalling services throughout the Green Triangle region, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Hills, Tasmania, Northern New South Wales and New Zealand with offices in Adelaide Hills, Mt Gambier, Portland, Tasmania and throughout New Zealand. Qube Forestry harvests, hauls and marshalls in excess of 12 million tonnes annually.
Qube Forestry is a subsidiary of Qube Ports & Bulk. Qube Ports & Bulk is the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service provider in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions.
Do you have experience as a MC driver, a keen interest in the Forestry industry, sense of adventure & enjoy a change of scenery? Are you mechanically minded, flexible & have knowledge of relevant transport & safety legislation? Have a strong safety conscious & ability to comply with Fatigue management requirements? Want to be part of a welcoming team intent on delivering excellence to our customers? An exciting career in timber harvest and haulage where success, innovation & achievement are recognised could be for you!
- Drivers are heavily supported to work within the Chain of Responsibility to ensure that scheduling and consignment terms comply with fatigue management requirements and relevant transport and safety legislation.
Relocation assistance available for employees seeking to relocate to Portland.
- Efficient operation of road train combinations
- Complete all necessary associated documentation (such as the preparation and signing of cartage dockets and service requests)
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of deficiencies in the delivery of product
- Take good care of vehicles / plant under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety, fatigue, Main Roads Heavy vehicle operating guide lines and company guidelines, loading requirements, axle weights and any other relevant policy and procedure
Qualifications and Experience
- Multi-Combination (MC) Drivers License
- Preferably experience operating side tippers
- Ability to pass a pre employment medical
- Experienced in driving heavy bulk vehicles and other machinery as used by Qube
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Commonwealth/State Safety and Environmental legislation and standards, Main Road Heavy vehicle legislation and permitting standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Family friendly flexible working patterns designed to meet your lifestyle.
- Above award wages
- Travel expenses & accommodation provided
- Relocation assistance for employees interested in transferring to Portland
- Convenient regional airport access across the State
- Modern fleet of Prime Movers
- ISO accredited safety management system & NHVAS accreditation
Sound like you?
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the “Apply” button and complete our online application form OR email an up to date CV to
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Advertised: 22 Nov 2023 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Jan 2024 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of MC Truck Driver Apply Now!
Discover More Qube Jobs, and Find more jobs in South Australia.
Also, Check out More MC Truck Driver Vacancies in Australia.