Job Position: Cook Supervisor
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $18.25 per hour
Location: Orillia, ON
Cook Supervisor Job Details:
Start Date: February 5, 2024
Shedule: Monday to Friday, 7:00am-2:00pm
Location: 15 Commerce Road, Orillia ON – Patrick Fogarty Catholic Secondary School
Important Information: Previous cooking and management experience in the food service industry is required. Cash handling experience is asset. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word). Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click to view our Team Member video!
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for the supervision and training of kitchen staff, in addition to the production, quality assurance, and profitability of all menu items.
As a Cook Supervisor, you will:
- Assist with menu planning and maintaining a high level of quality and profitability in all Food & Beverage offerings
- Recommend and implement preparation to reduce costs and supervise all kitchen personnel to ensure correct methodologies are followed
- Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep
- Ensure all products and ingredients required are delivered in a timely manner for prompt delivery to kitchens and clientele
- Ensure food ingredients are stored in their designated area and rotated in the proper manner
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items
- Work efficiently and effectively to gather, wash, cut, season, cook and store quality ingredients.
- Assist Food Service Director in maintaining accurate daily production records and completing all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned
- Train employees: plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; rewards and discipline associates; address complaints and resolve problems
- Advise management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages
- 3 years cooking experience in a past faced institutional kitchen environment
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.