Job Position: Nursing Home Attendant
Company: Government of Yukon
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Nursing Home Attendant Job Details:
This posting will be used to fill auxiliary-on-call (AOC) positions working 12-hour rotational shifts in a 24-7 long term care residence.
The job is based in the thriving city of in the beautiful .
Who we are
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
As a Nursing Home Attendant in Continuing Care, you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll report to the Nurse Supervisor and assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (children, adults, seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Fatima Salama at or (867) 332-8648
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment
Our facilities include:
In addition to salary, we offer many additional financial and non-financial benefits.
Your career, your home, your lifestyle
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here and make a difference in so many ways. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
As part of our team, your achievements and enjoyment in both your work and personal life will be valued as you explore the many opportunities the Yukon, and the Government of Yukon, has to offer.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. ( may be helpful to you.)
- Health Care Aide (HCA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), or Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate recognized from a Canadian Educational Institute.
- Recently applied knowledge of Health Care Aide theory, practices & techniques.
- Recent experience charting and documenting progress notes.
It may be helpful for you to review
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
If selected for an interview, candidates should have and may be assessed on the following. ( may be helpful to you.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a Respectful Workplace.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful and home-like environment for our residents.
- Ability to work constructively within a transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently.
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long term care residents (children, adults and seniors) in the activities of daily living.
It may be helpful for you to review
Conditions of Employment
You must meet the following conditions before being hired, or within the time frame noted.
You must have the following before being hired into this position or within the time specified.
TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance, Food safe level 1 (within last 18 months), WHMIS 2015, HCA, PSW, CCA, or PCA certificate.
This job requires you to perform, and/or be exposed to, the following:
Shift Work; Exposure to flowers and/or plants and/or secondhand smoke; Exposure to animals; Heavy lifting and bending; Exposure to latex products and other irritants; Exposure to weather while assisting residents outside; Lifting up to 50 lbs as part of resident care and transfers.
- For help on creating your E-recruitment profile, email
or phone 867-667-9453.
22 January 2024
2 February 2024