Job Position: Millwright Artisan – Mobile Maintenance (Crusher) – Full Time, Fly In Fly Out
Company: Anglo American
Location: Northwest Territories
Millwright Artisan – Mobile Maintenance (Crusher) – Full Time, Fly In Fly Out Job Details:
When you join De Beers Group you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in in an environment with opportunities for learning and growth as an integral contributor to the success of Gahcho Kué Mine. From technical training to leadership programs and world class safety, we bring out the best in people. At De Beers Group we’re focused on more than just diamonds. We are driven by a desire to make life brilliant for our people, our customers and those living in the communities where we operate. Our business thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Earn up to a 9% company contribution to your pension plan;
- Quarterly operational bonus program;
- Remote Living Allowance;
- MyShare program;
- Travel Allowance to offset the costs of getting to the nearest point of pick up;
- Immediate participation in our 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefit program (no waiting period);
- The Gahcho Kué Mine camp features a full service dining room, individual private bedrooms equipped with satellite cable television, telephones and WiFi internet. There’s also a full-sized gymnasium, squash courts and state of the art fitness equipment; and
- Relocation support is available to anyone who wishes to move to the Northwest Territories.
De Beers Group has an opportunity within the Mobile Maintenance Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site, based in the Northwest Territories, for highly motivated and energetic team members. Reporting to the Truck Shop Supervisor, the successful candidate will install, maintain and repair all stationary, mechanical and auxiliary Mobile Crusher equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Millwright Artisan will work proactively to ensure the equipment is functional and reliable, while providing quality customer service to the maintenance planning function. The ideal candidate is one who strives for continuous improvement and who is committed to safe working practices while striving for zero harm.
- Conducting preventive maintenance (inspections, adjustments, and overhauls) on mechanical equipment pertaining to the Mobile Crusher, including belt change outs that may require mechanical clipping and/or vulcanized splicing;
- Providing timely response to critical equipment breakdown priority;
- Conducting corrective maintenance (repairs, replacements) on mechanical equipment as needed;
- Identifying equipment deficiencies, and troubleshooting issues;
- Completing daily reports and Work Orders utilizing SAP;
- Assisting in scoping and planning new work;
- Adhering to all company safety and security policies and procedures;
- Reporting incidents and assisting with investigations and follow-up work;
- Repairing, servicing, and reconditioning equipment per trade code and industry design specification requirements;
- Participating in safety audits and meetings, endeavoring to provide meaningful contributions;
- Recording all task related information, to complete planning and work order requirements; and
- Maximizing Service Truck availability by conducting pre-trip inspections, maintaining cleanliness, proactively lubricating and refueling, and reporting issues found.
This is a site based role. Working on 14 days in/14 days out rotation.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada;
- A valid Inter-provincial Millwright qualification (a copy of valid certification must be included in your application);
- A minimum of 12 months of mining field experience repairing and maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment;
- Knowledge of conveyor belts, pumps, vibrating screens, jaw & cone & high pressure grinding crushers, apron feeders & all other Mobile plant mechanical equipment;
- Knowledge of condition monitoring systems;
- Basic welding skills & experience;
- Ability to operate within MS Office and a computerized maintenance management system (SAP);
- Ability to communicate, share information and seek input to complete assigned work;
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental Standards; and
- Experience working at a remote mining site, in a cross-cultural work environment.
Who We Are: De Beers Canada
Active in Canada for over 60 years, we are part of De Beers Group, the world’s leading diamond company. Globally, we are a team of more than 20,000 people, with operations in Canada, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa, and activities across the diamond value chain from exploration to diamond jewellery retail. Our unwavering focus on sustainability and Building Forever fuels our commitment to advance standards across the diamond industry, protect the natural world, partner with local communities, and accelerate economic inclusion to support diversity in our business and beyond.
In Canada, we have more than 600 employees working at offices in Calgary, Toronto and Yellowknife, actively exploring for new diamond opportunities, recovering diamonds at the joint venture Gahcho Kué mine in the Northwest Territories, and closing and rehabilitating two mines. We are also advancing the Chidliak Project to establish a technologically advanced diamond mine on Baffin Island using FutureSmart Mining™ principles.
At De Beers, we believe in the power of working in partnership with communities to create lasting, positive impacts that endure long after we recover the last diamond. Our inclusive and diverse workplace values mining with respect for the environment and nearby communities, and we seek team players who share our passion for Making Life Brilliant.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
As a global HeForShe Thematic Champion, De Beers is committed to promoting an equitable, inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential. Please inform us should there be any special requirements that should be considered as part of your application.
Sustainability is at the heart of our decision-making – it is how we do business. Building Forever is key to our purpose as it represents our ambitious and holistic sustainability framework and is central to our ability to deliver long-term value to our communities and partners. This shapes how we protect our social and environmental license to operate, build a long-term legacy in our host communities and earn consumers’ trust in our diamonds that they can wear with pride.
Referral incentive applicable: This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Policy (HRM.AD.21.00). Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Millwright Artisan – Mobile Maintenance (Crusher) – Full Time, Fly In Fly Out Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Millwright Artisan – Mobile Maintenance (Crusher) – Full Time, Fly In Fly Out Vacancies in Canada.