Job Position: Diesel Service Technician
Company: Bayview Trucks & Equipment
Location: New Glasgow, NS
Diesel Service Technician Job Details:
The Bayview Group is a full service, parts and sales dealer for Kenworth Trucks and KUBOTA farm and construction Equipment. We are currently hiring for our New Glasgow, NS location.
*Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate and compensation is based on level of certification and experience.
- We understand and support work life balance.
Key Responsibilities for a Technician:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of medium and heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including but not limited to engines, power trains, electrical systems, steering systems, electronics, brake systems and suspension systems
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order.
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or verify repair resolution.
- Complete technical reports from different manufacturers, in a timely accurate manner.
- Available to work covering the After-hours Service call for emergencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment and present themselves in a professional manner with a positive cooperative attitude.
- Maintain an organized workspace and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Completion of a College certification for Truck & Transport OR Heavy Equipment Service Technician- MINIMUM BLOCK 3 COMPLETION
- Ability to lift and move a maximum 50 lbs., (or in accordance with provincial workplace health & safety standards)
- Willing and able to continue training.
- Clean Driver’s abstract and Criminal Reference check
- Basic computer skills with the ability to work in Windows based software.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a Service environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Above Industry Standard Hourly Rates
- Health & Dental
- RRSP Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Boot Allowance
- Wellness Allowance
- Tool Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Paid training
- Free Parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Exclusive Discounts on Hotels, Travel, Electronics, etc. available as part of our benefits plan.