Job Position: Maintenance Technician
Expected salary: $40 – 50 per hour
Location: Yerecoin, WA
Maintenance Technician Job Details:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
AWX are seeking motivated individuals to join our client’s Hay Processing Team in Yerecoin for the upcoming hay season.
Our client is a hay exporter who process and export hay to specialist beef and dairy farms Asia and the Middle East.
They have recently embarked on a phase of rapid growth, which included the recent acquisition of four hay processing facilities located in Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria making the group a leader in the Australian Export Hay industry. .
- Be part of a fast paced rapidly growing agribusiness while based in Rural Australia.
- As part of a small and friendly yet highly motivated team, you will be given the freedom to develop new systems and processes to ensure the most effective use of your time. We will give you the tools to increase job satisfaction and create your own success.
- Good hourly rate, 12-hour shifts, 5 day working week, some weekend work, potential to work nights
- Good opportunity for professional development – We encourage training to ensure our team are always developing themselves.
- Accommodation and utilities available for drive in drive out role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Logically analysis and problem solve process line and press faults.
- Trouble shoot all upstream and downstream processing equipment i.e. wrapping unit.
- Prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Develop further maintenance procedures as required and ensure implementation.
- Carry out daily inspections of the facilities and all equipment to identify and resolve any issues.
- Be involved with planning, repair and installation activities.
- Adhere to all Hay Australia OH&S, Quality and site systems policies and procedures.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Maintain maintenance schedule compliance.
- Ensure housekeeping requirements and standards are met.
- Completes all required paperwork accurately.
- Other duties as directed by the Production and Engineering Manager.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Experience with Hydraulics, Cutting, welding, grinding and fabrication
- Working knowledge of the facilities machines and equipment
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Ability to keep track of and report on maintenance activity.
- Suitable trade qualification required.
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Hands on
- Flexibility with work hours
- Ability to pose new ideas and solutions.
- A willingness to fit into a culture of accountability and become part of a small team with a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate individuals to ensure the company’s shared vision and goals are achieved.
- Safety focused
- Sound literacy skills
- Driver’s license
- Forklift license
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Physically fit for duties
The role is a position based at the Yerecoin Hay Australia site.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We are a large Australian recruitment company who are proud of our company culture and truly believe our people are our biggest assets. AWX are well regarded across many industries and constantly have new and exciting roles available for the right people to grow within our business. Whether you are looking for short term roles or to work on long term projects then joining the AWX Team is the right move for you.
HOW TO APPLY:
So, have you got what it takes to join the AWX Team? Click apply now to send through your resume and cover letter! For any other information please contact the office 07 3238 0800