Job Position: Financial Accountant
Company: Boart Longyear
Location: Adelaide, SA
Financial Accountant Job Details:
Boart Longyear has been a leading provider of drilling products and services to the global minerals industry for over 130 years. As the industry’s only integrated drilling services and products provider, we combine engineering excellence, global manufacturing facilities and the most experienced drilling services group in the industry.
About the role
This diverse role provides financial accounting support to the Australia and Asia Finance teams. This will be the junior role within the Australia Finance team but will be exposed to a range of different areas of the business with significant room for growth and advancement in any number of areas. This is an excellent role for anyone interested in pursuing a career in the Australian mining industry.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing the cost of inventory items procured from vendors,
- Updating system data as required,
- Ensuring the various inventory-related balances are accounted for in line with accounting standards and corporate policies,
- Acting as the main point of contact for all inventory transactions from internal warehouse,
- Daily banking activities,
- Posting journals and project batches,
- Support month-end close processes, reconciliations and analysis.
The role will also be involved with cost coding to projects, payroll inputs, regular communication with Accounts Payable team, and will be the company’s key liaison with various government departments.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Graduate-level Accounting, Commerce or Finance degree.
- Have commenced or intending to commence study towards CA or CPA.
- Previous experience in Financial Accounting and Reporting desirable.
- Good knowledge of Excel. Previous use of ERP systems including Hyperion Financial Management and Oracle well-regarded but not crucial.
- Highest standards of accuracy, attention to detail and precision.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Ability to partner with local, international, and cross-functional teams.
Safety and a zero harm culture is a core part of our business. To ensure the safety of all employees, successful candidates will need to meet the essential requirements of a pre-employment medical.
To express your interest in this role, apply via the link.
As part of our commitment to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, Boart Longyear seeks to have a diverse candidate shortlist for this vacancy. Applicants are strongly encouraged from experienced women and men, people with disabilities, and indigenous and ethnically diverse candidates.
010006 Financial Analyst 1.08.Professional
Region (Business Group)