Job title: Legal Principal Engineer
Company: Konica Minolta
Location: New York City, NY
Legal Principal Engineer Job Details:
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Principal Engineer!
This position can be remote within the United States, but it is preferred to have a candidate in New York City to visit clients on site.
The Legal Principal Engineer (PE) is a Regional technical advisor to our clients and client stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of Information technology solutions that drives the most optimal use of available and emerging technologies that will help enable their success. The PE is a highly qualified Regional Subject Matter expert that plans, analyzes, designs, tests and manages end to end computer and networking systems for our clients.
- Subject Matter Expert – The PE will provide regional and national subject matter expertise in at least one available technology from each of the following information technology areas: Networking, Virtualization, Application Servers, Server and Desktop Operating systems.
- Develop and lead training on areas of expertise to Regional Engineering teams.
- Design, implement and maintain deployment guides, standards and best practices.
- Work within assigned teams to develop Company technology standards to support our current and future service offerings.
- Test and approve new technology releases with fully documented results and recommendations.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic third-party vendors and partners.
- Problem Management and Resolution – The PE will lead regional efforts to minimize the effects of repeated incidents and problems within our client base and initiate, document and evangelize actions to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
- Project Management Lead – Works with Project Managers, Coordinators and the Project Management Office to provide Quality assurance and control of project deployments.
- The P.E. will have a good knowledge of project revenue plans within assigned client base and as such help drive the implementation of projects to meet or exceed those plans.
- May at times manage very complex project implementations Level 3 Escalation – Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy server, network and complex end user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of the service delivery team.
- Participate in and take the lead on technical discussions with clients and client stakeholders that impact the client’s business continuity and growth.
- Introduce new network related technology trends, make recommendations and develop plans for the future of the client’s network infrastructure.
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timely reports as required.
- Provides high level presales technical advice and support as needed.
- Participate in the on-call rotation in the market that may include off hours onsite visits.
- Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Any one of the following industry certifications is preferred:
- MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 or above
- Citrix CCA
- CCNA with Specialization (Security, Voice, Wireless)
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- SonicWALL: CSSA
- At least 5 years of experience deploying all aspects of network environments.
- At least 5 years of experience deploying, analyzing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory.
- At least 5 years of experience deploying, analyzing, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 and above
- At least 5 years of experience deploying, analyzing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above
- Advanced understanding of and practical deployment experience in Virtualized environments (VMware, Citrix Xen and/or Hyper V preferred)
- Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving problems from multiple incidents
- Successful experience designing, installing and supporting networks in multiple environments for multiple clients.
- Advanced understanding of and practical deployment experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred)
- Advanced understanding of and practical installation and administration experience of Backup and disaster recovery processes, software and hardware (Tape, NAS, DAS, SAN)
- Advanced understanding of and practical deployment experience of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs (Site to Site, Client to site and SSL), VLANs, ACLs, Routing, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching.
- Advanced understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client and Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync and associated Handheld and tablet devices
- Demonstrated experience implementing IT projects.
- Strong computer analysis and diagnostic skills with the ability to implement quick and effective solutions to network problems.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to operate productively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and using off-site connectivity and wireless communications tools.
- Self-Starting and Self Motivating
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta’s journey started 150 years ago, with a vision to see and do things differently. We innovate for the good of society and the world. The same purpose that kept us moving then, keeps us moving now. Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. is reshaping and revolutionizing the workplace to achieve true connectivity through the Intelligent Connected Workplace . The company guides and supports its clients’ digital transformation through its expansive office technology portfolio, including IT Services ( All Covered ), intelligent information management, managed print services and industrial and commercial print solutions. Konica Minolta has been included on CRN’s MSP 500 list nine times and The World Technology Awards named the company a finalist in the IT Software category. Konica Minolta has been recognized as the Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for sixteen consecutive years, and is proud to be ranked on the Forbes 2021 America’s Best-in-State employers list . The company received Keypoint Intelligence’s BLI 2021 A3 Line of The Year Award and BLI Most Color Consistent A3 Brand Award for its bizhub i-Series . Konica Minolta, Inc. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for nine consecutive years and has spent six years on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list . Konica Minolta partners with its clients to give shape to ideas and works to bring value to our society. For more information, please visit us online and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Apply for the job now!