Job Position: Journey-level Machinist
Location: Toronto, ON
Journey-level Machinist Job Details:
Journey-level Machinist – Full Time – Toronto, Canada
Join our team within the Services division in Canada as a Journey-level Machinist to help us take Sulzer Rotating Equipment Services (Canada) Ltd., to the next level.
Summary: You will assemble and repair all types of pumping equipment, ensuring customer OEM and industry standard specifications are met. Inspection, disassembly, test and data recording will be required. High degree of commitment to client service and teamwork required.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate manual machine tools under limited supervision.
- Manually machine within tight tolerances to meet engineering/customer/contract specifications and apply knowledge of qualities of metals and alloys being machined.
- Plan sequence of own work operations and methods of set-up including methods of mounting, leveling, aligning, holding and fastening work. Interpret blueprints, charges, tables, handbook formulas, sketches and written and verbal orders.
- Lay out work according to requirements. Selects and grinds own cutting tools.
- Manufacture or repair product on time as defined by direct supervisor and production schedule.
- Work towards improved methods for higher quality and improved costs.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Manual Lathe, Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) and Horizontal Boring Mill experience required.
- Manual Machining experience, achieving 0.001″ tolerances.
- Journey-person Certificate as a Machinist.
- Working knowledge of tool geometry and applications.
- Working knowledge of effects of feeds and speeds on alloy materials.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Orientation to our company-wide ESH Management System, which includes following all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures of the Sulzer Safe Behavior Program.
What we offer you:
- Extended Health & Dental, Vision care, Travel Insurance, STD, Life Insurance, AD&D, Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Group retirement savings program with pension matching
- Education reimbursement program
- Milestone / years of service awards
- Onsite coffee and tea
- On-site parking
Location: We are based in Toronto, Ontario.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, or hold a valid Canadian passport, for consideration.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and are committed to offering an inclusive work environment.
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2022, our 13’800 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.2 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN).
Join our story
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Explore other opportunities here: