Job Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Paskeville, SA
Production Supervisor Job Details:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
AWX are seeking motivated individuals to join our client’s Hay Processing Team in Paskeville.
Our client is a hay exporter who process and export hay to specialist beef and dairy farms Asia and the Middle East.
They have recently embarked on a phase of rapid growth, which included the recent acquisition of four hay processing facilities located in Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria making the group a leader in the Australian Export Hay industry.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE:
- Be part of a fast paced rapidly growing agribusiness while based in Rural Australia.
- As part of a small and friendly yet highly motivated team.
- Good opportunity for professional development – We encourage training to ensure our team are always developing themselves.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the safe and effective daily operations of the production shift.
- Production planning and execution to ensure targets are met.
- Downtime and data recording for each shift.
- Arrangement of raw materials to ensure continuous productivity.
- Preventative Maintenance planning and execution (MEX)
- Managing labour resources to meet production demand.
- Fault finding, breakdown support and identification of inefficiencies.
- Support production operators for continuous operation and improvement.
- Track daily customer order preference and container loading operations.
- Manage daily shift meetings.
- Responsible for Site Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hygiene practices.
- WHS reporting, implementation and compliance which includes LOTO, Working at Heights and Confined Spaces and Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- QA compliance recording.
- Proven background supervising a team in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience within the export hay industry (an advantage)
- Understanding Health, Safety, Environment and Quality requirements of the facility and leading a safe work culture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate individuals to ensure the company’s shared vision and goals are achieved.
- CMMS experience in MEX or other (preferred)
- Exposure to Good Manufacturing Practice GMP (preferred)
- Pragmatic, hands-on approach, problem solver.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Sound literacy skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Forklift license.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Physically fit for duties.
KEY COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication
- Excellent Time Management
- Excellent knowledge of machines
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic system
- Continuous improvement strategies
- Computer skills
- Team player
The role is currently full-time permanent position Monday to Friday based at the Paskeville site. Hours of work are 38 hours per week.
We are a large Australian recruitment company who are proud of our company culture and truly believe our people are our biggest assets. AWX are well regarded across many industries and constantly have new and exciting roles available for the right people to grow within our business. Whether you are looking for short term roles or to work on long term projects then joining the AWX Team is the right move for you.
HOW TO APPLY:
So, have you got what it takes to join the AWX Team? Click apply now to send through your resume and cover letter! For any other information please contact the office 07 3238 0800
*DUE TO HIGH VOLUMES ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED*