Job title: Jet Aviation Staffing- Flight Schedule Coordinator
Company: Jet Aviation
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Jet Aviation Staffing- Flight Schedule Coordinator Job Details:
Behind every seamless journey, is the perfect team. Since 1983, Jet Aviation Staffing has been supporting the industry’s most prominent aviation companies by attracting and placing top talent. With thousands of direct hire placements of crew members, maintenance professionals, support staff, management and executive positions, and many more disciplines, we continue to perfect the art of staffing. When you want to find the very best career opportunity, you can rely on a team of dedicated professionals. On behalf of our external customers, Jet Aviation Staffing upholds in-depth and extensive standards to ensure we are recommending the best talent. Dedicated to the details, our expertise ensures a perfect career opportunity match for each of our candidates and a seamless experience for our customer.
This corporate , dynamic and busy Part-91 flight department with three corporate jets. is seeking a Flight Schedule Coordinator. This position is a corporate position based in the Los Angeles, CA with the ability to work Hybrid in office & remotely. This position will work directly with the Director of Aviation along with Maintenance Director, the Principals and their assistants on a daily basis. The Flight Schedule Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Aviation.
· Schedule and coordinate use of aircraft and crews to support travel the principals.
· Assist requesters with trip planning to make efficient use of time and resources
· Flight-follow aircraft and coordinate changes in the itinerary or passenger manifest with the crew and others, as required
· Record completed flight activity using the Company’s databases
· Provide on-call scheduling support when assigned to stand-by duty during non-business hours, weekends, and holidays
· Answers the scheduling phone line and responds to requests for use of Company’s aircraft
· Records and updates all available information regarding a trip request in the scheduling system
· Coordinates with crewmembers regarding crew schedules for the intended trips.
· If the request conflicts with another request, work with Director of Aviation to determine which trip can be supported
· If Company planes are not available to support a trip, work with the requester to explore alternative dates and/or times, or to determine if charter service is a suitable option. If requested, gets charter quotes and assists with booking
· When a trip is confirmed, works with the requester and/or passengers to finalize the itinerary, passenger list, catering and other service requests
· Ensures that passengers have current passports, visas, and other personal documents required for international travel
· Arrange ground transportation, catering, and/or airline reservations as needed
· Posts the aircraft and crew schedule and updates it as soon as changes become known
· Conducts flight following of aircraft and informs others of the aircraft position and status
· Coordinates enroute changes in the itinerary and passenger manifest. Determines how changes may affect other scheduled events and notify the appropriate people
· Formulates contingency plans for mechanical and weather delays
· Records completed trip information in the computer scheduling system and generates reports for distribution and required files
· Assists in preparing reports of usage (upcoming and historical)
· Using systems, review, code appropriate costs related to trips for internal cost allocation
· Provides ongoing liaison with executive assistants regarding flight activity
· Responsible for maintaining and updating Aircraft Emergency Response Plan
· Detailed oriented, able to function under stressful aircraft scheduling/dispatch experience. Superior ability to multitask while paying attention to detail
· Capacity to adapt to a challenging and fast-moving environment, with changing priorities and a heavy workload
· Proficiency in people skills when interacting with others, both inside and outside the department.
· Ability to communicate well with others-both conversationally, and in writing
· Experience of direct interaction with travel coordinators – preferably dealing with top-level executives
· Experience with aircraft scheduling/dispatch, preferred not required
· Experience with international trip planning (desired)
· Experience with scheduling tool, preferred not required
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite TRAVEL:
· None expected.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
Jet Aviation provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Apply for the job now!