Job title: Intern Senior – Finance-Accounting
Location: Deerfield, IL
Intern Senior – Finance-Accounting Job Details:
Interacts and participates with various divisions within Walgreens to assist in influencing key business decisions. Assists with and completes projects that contribute to the strategic initiatives and department goals of the function the role supports.
- Performs various activities that contribute to the strategy development process for the assigned business unit.
- Utilizes various tools and resources to analyze information and make recommendations to support the business.
- Provides general day to day support across the various divisions within Walgreens.
- Suggests recommendations to leadership for improving and updating policies and processes.
- May deliver a project aligning to strategic priorities and present to manager/leadership upon completion.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with 2 semesters remaining upon start date
- Experience communicating via written reports and presenting the information in a formal or classroom setting.
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).