Job title: Accounting Manager
Company: Clearwave Fiber
Location: Savannah, GA
Accounting Manager Job Details:
Location: Savannah or Atlanta
We are growing and need a career minded, self-motivated leader to come in and help guide our team. The Accounting Manager is a detail-oriented, hands-on leader who is knowledgeable in all aspects of a general ledger, possesses strong analytical skills, strong leadership and communications skills, and has the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and delegate. The right candidate will have a strong technical accounting background with working knowledge of ASC 606 and ASC842 and the motivation to enhance month-end processes and continuously improve existing processes.
General Description of Position:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for directly managing all general accounting and financial reporting activities of the business. This role reports to the Controller and will play a key role in analyzing financial statements and underlying data to provide actionable and informative insights into the results of the business, with particular emphasis on revenues, expenses, and liquidity. The successful candidate will also help inform all areas of planning, budgeting, forecasting, and capital management through close coordination with the Director of FP&A and CFO. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for coaching their team of direct reports and working closely with the team to enhance month-end close processes and continuously improve existing controls and processes in a variety of areas across the function and the business. They will also oversee special projects as needed. This position has excellent growth potential as the company grows and matures.
What you will do:
- Manage and guide the accounting team to ensure accurate and timely completion of closing deliverables.
- Review recurring journal entries prepared by team.
- Enhance month-end close process identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare month end financial statements and provide first level variance analysis.
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Contribute to the development and documentation of processes and procedures related to new or amended accounting pronouncements and/ or organizational requirements.
- Take the lead in facilitating assigned areas of annual audit; work with accountants to prepare and review schedules as required according to deadlines set.
- Lead monthly variance analysis for expense to ensure timely and accurate close according to deadlines set.
- Manage and complete complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage day to day duties in areas of Accounts Payable and Expense Accounting and partner with other team members to facilitate liquidity analysis and capital management through seamless processes and effective communications.
- Investigate and recommend resolution for account discrepancies and issues of non-compliance, proactively notifying management of any concerns.
- Partner with business leaders to ensure they have visibility into costs in their areas and ensure transactions are appropriately reflected in financial statements.
- Mentor the team for development opportunities.
- Manage special projects as needed to support the Accounting Team and the business.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated skills in problem identification and resolution, analytical skills, and a strong bias towards continuous process improvement.
- At least five years of related experience with demonstrated career progression. Experience with a service/technology provider, especially in Telecommunications, is a strong preference.
- CPA and/or MBA is strongly preferred (with Big 4 experience a plus).
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, principles, practices, and regulations (including GAAP and ASC standards).
- Capable leader with willingness and ability to set objectives and goals and hold self and others accountable.
- Financial systems knowledge, understanding of financial controls, work paper documentation, and demonstrated ability to document technical accounting issues.
- Motivated and results driven self-starter, who can work independently or with minimal supervision and who has demonstrated success in a team environment with a track record of delivering results. That will be demonstrated through a bias for action when it comes to identifying issues and attacking the root causes to reach expedient resolution.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel. Workday experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with large data sets to synthesize the data and present in a concise and understandable way that articulates core business issues.
Clearwave Fiber appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow. In return, an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions. This includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans that begin upon start date.
- Lucrative bonus plans – short and long term
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) – 100% company match (vesting and matching starts upon hire, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Tuition reimbursement – Clearwave Fiber encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications.
- Free fiber optic internet services, if living within service area
- LinkedIn Learning
- Associate recognition program
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
Our Core Values:
Purpose – We are about more than ourselves.
Ownership – We are owners.
Courage – We embrace challenge.
Resourcefulness – We find a way.
Simplicity – We focus on what matters.
Clearwave Fiber, a 100% Fiber Optic Internet provider offering business, enterprise, and residential communications services, is expanding its network to reach new communities across the Midwest and Southeast regions. This new venture was formed from Hargray Fiber and Clearwave Communications. Clearwave Fiber has the financial backing of Cable One, GTCR, Stephens Capital, and The Pritzker Organization. Our Team of more than 400 colleagues is committed to delivering the most advanced technology and customer service. If you enjoy technology and are passionate about working with a new venture with strong investment partners, we’d like to invite you to consider joining us in this endeavor.
Clearwave Fiber is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Apply for the job now!