Job Position: Home Heating Program Worker – Contract to October 1st, 2024
Company: The Salvation Army
Expected salary: $19.5 per hour
Location: Summerside, PE
Home Heating Program Worker – Contract to October 1st, 2024 Job Details:
The Home Heating Worker is responsible for operating the program under the direction designate, to provide assist qualified applicants to access home heating assistance through an on line, telephone or in person process at locations as determined
- Works under the direction of the local Program Coordinator to provide access to Home Heating assistance
- Contacts qualified applicants to inform eligibility and approved assistance amounts
- Connects applicants with the appropriate services through referrals and warm transfers.
- Provides applicant financial eligibility and assistance statements
- Provides excellent customer service support
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs including Word; Excel
- Record and maintain detailed statistical information and reports within parameters set by The Salvation Army and funders/program.
- Represent the Salvation Army Community & Family Services
- Assist Program Coordinator in program development, planning and implementation
- Work alongside Program Coordinator in organizing increased seasonal access to program
- Continue the ongoing networks with government, social service providers, schools and community organizations to market and inform potential qualified applicants
- Provide Program Coordinator and designate with weekly reports as determined.
- Performs other duties as assigned
CRITICAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- MU staff , program coordinator and designate
- Service agencies, government programs, applicants
MANAGERIAL/Technical Leadership RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reports directly to Program Coordinator and Designate
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- May use funds to purchase supplies for program
- The incumbent may be involved in financial processes decisions
- The work environment is typically in the office space
- The incumbent can expect to travel
- The incumbent may have evening work (schedule to be determined between the hours of 8 a.m and 8 p.m.)
- This job requires the ability to work independently while part of a team, set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- The employee may come in contact with people who are vulnerable
- The performance of the job requires continuously sitting for long periods of time, entering client data and may include some lifting.
The incumbent must take the following precautionary measures (in addition to health and safety rules):
- Universal Precautions
- Use all required PPE
The above responsibilities must be performed in keeping with The Salvation Army’s Mission, Vision and Values, in a professional manner, upholding our code of conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed High School Diploma
- Diploma in Social Services or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience an asset
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements
- Have two but less than three years prior related experience, including frontline experience in a social service environment and a solid understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness
- Training in crisis intervention, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- First Aid and CPR certificate an asset (willingness to obtain)
- Have a thorough knowledge good customer service expectation
- Must have a Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity.
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude toward lifestyle diversity.
Working Conditions: Full Time Contract Position – February 15th, 2024 to October 1st, 2024
40 hours per week
$ 19.50 per hour
CLOSING DATE: February 5th, 2024
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Email: [email protected]
Please note any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Home Heating Program Worker – Contract to October 1st, 2024 Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Home Heating Program Worker – Contract to October 1st, 2024 Vacancies in Canada.