Job Position: Home Care Assistant
Company: Southern Cross Care
Location: Adelaide, SA
Home Care Assistant Job Details:
- Be the difference. Enjoy great rewards and benefits
- Incredibly rewarding community role
- Full time, Part time and Casual positions available
- Vacancy opportunities vary across Western, Southern & Eastern regions
- Salary Packaging benefits to increase your take home pay
About the role
As a Home Care Assistant with Southern Cross Care, you will help older Australians to live better for life, in their own homes.
You will achieve this by building relationships with your clients, understanding their individual needs, goals and preferences, and delivering tailored support with daily tasks, activities, personal care and mobility support.
You will support your clients to live happy, healthy and active lives, helping to improve their quality of life.
You will enjoy exceptional learning opportunities and be supported to develop your skills and your career. A motor vehicle allowance and travel time is also payable for travel between clients as well as a full working tool kit, including a mobile phone.
For further details regarding the role, please refer to our website or the attached position description.
We are looking for people who will be the difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Certificate III in a relevant field (Individual Support (Ageing), Aged Care or Home and Community Care)
- Current and unrestricted driver’s licence & own registered and insured car
- Demonstrated experience in a personal carer role without direct supervision
- Sound best practice personal care skills appropriate to the role
- Good understanding of the requirements to support clients living with dementia including those who display challenging behaviours
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and their representatives
- Basic cooking skills
- Senior First aid certificate – desirable
- A basic understanding of aged care packages – desirable
Please note that all applicants must also have weekend availability.
Southern Cross Care is one of Australia’s leading charitable aged care and retirement living service providers. We value the diversity in our team, live and breathe our values and offer salary packaging benefits to maximise your take-home pay.
When you work for us, we value you as an individual, care for your well-being and develop your skills to help you build your career. We reward creativity and provide the stability and flexibility you need. When you work for us, you work better for life.
Applications close: 4pm on Thursday, 1st February 2024