Job Position: Home Care Assistant – Support at Home
Location: Hove, SA
Home Care Assistant – Support at Home Job Details:
- All shifts available betweeen Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm- Flexible working hours!
- Salary sacrifice – earn up to $15,899 tax free per year!
- $30.33 per hour, paid travel time and 92c per kilometer for petrol.
Set within beautiful grounds in the seaside suburb of Hove, Alwyndor delivers on-site residential living and support at home services, along with therapy and wellbeing services that empower the people in our communities to live healthy, engaged and fulfilled lives.
Alwyndor’s welcoming, high quality facilities include 144 residential, dementia, respite care beds, transitional and care awaiting placement beds, together with allied health, therapy and wellness programs and home support packages that support people in Adelaide’s southern metro communities.
Alwyndor has multiple opportunities for professional, experienced individuals who enjoy assisting the elderly live a fuller, independent life in their own homes.
We are looking for people who…
- Are available to work Monday to Friday with flexibility.
- At least 6 months experience providing a range of home care services, including domestic assistance, laundry, shopping, meal preparation and social support desirable.
- Available to work in the Southwestern metropolitan area
- Have the ability to work independently and without supervision
- Provide a consistent, professional and effective level of support and can clearly communicate with our clients
- Assist with shopping and provide general social support
- Provide transports to appointments and outings
- Domestic Duties (cleaning, meal preparation and laundry)
- Communicate the clients health and well-being, and progress to support coordinator.
To be considered for this role you will have…
- A current Driver’s Licence
- A reliable vehicle that will pass a Vehicle Safety Checklist
- A current First Aid certificate or we can organise
- At least 6 months experience caring for the elderly in their own homes preferred but not mandatory
- Comply with all mandatory vaccinations required by the government to work within the Aged Care sector including Influenza and Covid-19 vaccinations.
If the above sounds like you, please hit the APPLY button now!
Respectfully, no agencies please.
Alwyndor is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.