Job title: Financial Coach
Company: International Rescue Committee
Expected salary: $20.43 – 23.01 per hour
Location: Missoula, MT
Financial Coach Job Details:
The IRC in Missoula seeks a Financial Coach to support its Career Development program for refugees and other immigrants. The Career Development program focuses on engaging and motivating clients to achieve self-sufficiency through employment. The Financial Coach is responsible for helping clients in developing plans that help them reach their short- and long-terms goals and achieve financial stability. The Financial Coach is expected to focus services in a one-on-one counseling format, while also conducting classes on topics such as budgeting, credit building, banking, and financial products. Additionally, the Financial Coach will coordinate with external partners in offering financial capabilities services, including tax preparation services, and will also assist clients in completing applications for targeted loan products including credit-building, personal, education, immigration, and auto loans.
One on one financial counseling and coaching:
- -Initial and follow-up sessions to achieve client outcomes. Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment and make appropriate referrals.
- -Educate program participants on financial services, including money management, bank accounts, establishing savings, and building credit.
- -Assist clients in assessing and resolving current financial challenges, while providing a wide lens on their financial health to shift the approach to proactive financial management.
- -Assessing all emergency financial requests and conducting on-going financial coaching sessions for vulnerable participants.
- -Develop a budget and provide strategies for budget improvements.
- -Assess clients’ financial history and provide strategies for credit building.
- -Develop plans of action and provide tools, resources, and promote accountability to clients to help them meet their goals.
- -Increase participant knowledge of financial services and credit offerings.
- -Understand and collaborate with colleagues on employment and housing teams and external partners.
- -Coordinate with Volunteer Income Tax Coordinator service and team.
Workshop and training delivery:
- -Develop workshop materials or tailor existing materials to meet the needs of the community. Workshop topics should be relevant to the community, and may include topics such as: budgeting, savings, banking products, credit building, and loan options.
- -Support debt navigation coaching sessions with an emphasis and the creation of a debt navigation plan, debt prioritization, debt supports, and debt consolidation.
- -Schedule and deliver workshops and trainings.
- -Collaborates with partners to expand financial literacy support to community members.
- -Participate in initial trainings and ongoing professional development trainings.
- -Follow all programmatic, contractual, donor requirements and IRC standards of practice.
- -Participate and attend community of practice (COP) calls for financial coaches.
- -Use Efforts to Outcome (ETO), client management system, to document and reflect client outcomes accurately and in a timely manner.
- -Other duties as assigned.
-Bachelor’s degree in finances, economics, social work or related field of study preferred.
- -Knowledge of financial services and/or public benefits systems.
- -At least 1 year of related professional experience in working with vulnerable populations.
- -Experience in developing curriculum and instructing coursework for English Language Learners.
- -Experience in a non-profit setting and prior experience working in financial coaching services a plus.
- -Experience working in a diverse, and non-traditional setting with diverse client base.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- -Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- -Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure.
- -Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- -Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an overall ability to be clear and concise.
- -Exceptional organizational skills with proven attention to detail.
- -Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- -Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- -Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- -Flexible schedule
- -Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability a plus, preferably in Arabic, Swahili, Dari/Farsi and/or Pashto.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘Field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outline responsibilities.
- Requires schedule flexibility and occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirement.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Apply for the job now!