Job Position: FIFO Machinist – CNC (Moomba)
Location: Wingfield, SA
FIFO Machinist – CNC (Moomba) Job Details:
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 96,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
We are searching for an experienced team player to join our team in Moomba, SA, as a CNC Machinist. This position requires FIFO (fly in, fly out) arrangements, with flights available from Brisbane or Adelaide. Applicants must arrange their transportation to the departure point.
As a CNC Machinist you will be required to:
- Carry out machining as per engineering drawing and/or instruction.
- Undertake shift work to meet the needs of the operations
- Report machine and infrastructure faults and equipment problems
- Complete product and inspection documentation in accordance with our Quality Management System and corporate policies
- Perform fitting, maintenance and general hand duties
- Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and safe work practices across our operating centres
- Highlight to management any conflicts between operational procedures and our safety mandate
- Take instruction and direction from the Leading Hand – Machining or Plant Foreman.
- Read and understand Engineering Drawings.
- Maintain accurate records on a daily basis.
- Completion of product and inspection documentation in accordance with our Quality Management System and corporate policies.
- Assistance if required in performing fitting, maintenance and general hand duties.
- Care, maintenance and organisation of company gauges and measuring equipment.
- Travel to our sites and provision of direct assistance as required.
- Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and safe work practices across our operating centres.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A current and appropriate Trade Certificate.
- Possess current relevant licences.
- Understand the operation of manual and computer controlled turning and milling equipment.
- Understand the difference between grades of steel and their machining characteristics.
- Customer service oriented and good communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience with the operation of manual metal working machinery in a customer focused manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years of experience with the operation and programming of metal working machinery in a customer focused manufacturing environment is essential.
- To drive and/or operate company vehicles, plant or equipment relevant to this position.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, Global company. Here are some of the benefits to working for SGS.
- As a company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work
- Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time for volunteering day and blood donations
- Corporate health & wellbeing offers
- Ongoing learning & development
- Career development opportunities (Nationally and Globally)
- SGS Rewards: Our employee benefits platform with access to retail and online discounts and cashback
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce, we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative, and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.