Job Position: Field Service Technician – Tasmania
Location: Burnie, TAS
Field Service Technician – Tasmania Job Details:
Employment Type Permanent
Closing Date 19 Jan 2024 11:59pm
Job Title Field Service Technician – Tasmania
We’re an iconic Aussie brand with a global footprint. Our purpose is to build a connected future so everyone can thrive. We’re all about providing the best experience and delivering the best tech on the best network.
About the role
As a Field Service Technician, you will work without immediate supervision or direction to provide our customers with a great experience by activating and assuring telecommunications / technology products and services, in the home and/or business.
You will actively participate in a diverse team environment to deliver the optimum customer and commercial outcomes aligned to the corporate strategy.
The expectation is to reside in the targeted area or be willing to relocate.
What we can offer:
- Everything from head to toe. From the vehicle, tools, and equipment through to the full uniform, we provide it all.
- Pay for performance. We recognize outstanding contributions through our competitive incentive programs.
- 8-hour shifts, Mon-Fri. Overtime when required.
- Parental Leave. A gender-equal policy for all parent/s so you can choose how and when you take your leave (16 weeks full pay or 32 weeks half pay). Receive superannuation contributions on paid and unpaid parental leave.
- Industry recognized training & unlimited learning. Take part in industry recognized training courses and level up your skills with access to 17,000 on-demand learning programs.
- Extra perks. Receive 30% off Telstra products and services, plus unlock exclusive discounts from over 240 brands and partners.
- Plus so much more!
- Deliver seamless service rectification and product installations, to the full satisfaction of Telstra’s customers.
- Copper cable maintenance and installation including fault finding, jointing, jumpering, and networking.
- Maintenance and management of Fibre network technology, Core network technology and Data services
- Customer Premises Equipment maintenance and installation (both consumer and business).
- Fault finding over copper networks in a rural or remote setting.
You will be required to hold and maintain the relevant and applicable licenses and qualifications to perform this role, as deemed mandatory by regulatory and legal authorities and must also maintain a current driver’s license.
- Certificate III in Telecommunications
- Open cabling license
- Traffic management qualifications
- An industry white card
Telstra can support you through offering training on Traffic management and white card certificates.
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers.
However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we’d encourage you to apply!