Job Position: Equipment Operator
Company: Northview Fund
Location: Iqaluit, NU
Equipment Operator Job Details:
At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants across Canada.
We are looking for an Equipment Operator to join our Residential team in Iqaluit, NU. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring that Northview’s buildings show pride of ownership and respect for our residents. The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment which may include a loader, telescopic boom lift, telehandler, skid steer, hydraulic dump trailer etc. The Equipment Operator will perform a variety of tasks which may include snow removal, sanding, grading, material handling; material loading/off-loading, materials distribution, garbage removal, and personnel hoisting.
- With a focus on customer service and tenant safety, using a systematic approach, perform snow removal and sanding of parking areas at all Northview owned properties. Record and log snow removal activities
- Conduct regular inspections of all Northview properties to ensure parking areas and access roads are free from snow or obstructions and are adequately sanded to ensure pedestrian and vehicle safety
- Assist with material handling and garbage removal activities
- Assist with personnel hoisting activities
- Conduct daily equipment inspections and report on equipment before use. Report any repair issues or equipment hazards immediately
- Perform or cause to be performed preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and daily cleaning
- Ensuring the safety and good mechanical working order of all equipment in the region complying with Northview’s Health and Safety requirements
- Identification of capital replacements of equipment and major equipment components.
- Direct the work of subcontract labour, occasionally
- Maintain shop in organized fashion with a focus on safety and security of tools and equipment
- Work in a labour capacity and perform other related duties as assigned by the manager
- Heavy Equipment Operator certification from recognized training centre
- Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers’ abstract
- Able to work independently, is a self-starter and takes pride in a job well done
- Proven troubleshooting skills including diagnosing potential issues, identifying solutions and mitigating challenges or problems
- Proven ability to work productively and safely while under pressure
- Good customer service skills and pleasant demeanor
- Able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- Able to provide a criminal record check free of relevant convictions
- Able to work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Able to work flexible hours including occasional weekend work
- Competitive pay
- Extended health care including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, drug coverage and wellness programs
- Discounts on rent at Northview properties
- Vacation travel subsidization for northern employees
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to . Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.