Job Position: Employee Relations Consultant
Company: Helping Hand
Location: Tranmere, SA
Employee Relations Consultant Job Details:
There to care. Here for good.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our team as Employee Relations Consultant.
Here at Helping Hand we’ve been a leading provider of aged care in communities across South Australia since 1953. That’s a long journey, and we’re proud of our stability and strength.
Now, we’re on a mission to continue to grow and improve our services and impact, hand in hand with our fantastic team.
A brighter future with Helping Hand, for older people and for you.
Based at our Tranmere Corporate Office, the Employee Relations Consultant works closely with Industrial and Employee Relations Principal (IR/ER Principal) and the Senior People and Culture Business Partners. The Employee Relations Consultant advocates consistent and disciplined application and continuous improvement of People and Culture policy and framework while driving improved business outcomes.
You’ll also make an impact by:
- Providing advice and guidance to managers in the interpretation of HR policies and procedures as required.
- Supporting the IR/ER Principal to maintain and improve Helping Hand’s documented policies, procedures, business processes and guidelines to ensure they meet the legislative requirements, reflect good practice and support business needs.
- Assisting and collaborating with the Senior People and Culture Business Partners in management and gathering any relevant information to support industrial matters.
- Being the initial point of contact for HR Services for the provision of advice on legislation, award, and enterprise agreement interpretation.
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Law, Human Resources or Employee Relations (ER) or studying towards a relevant qualification.
- Experience in a ER practitioner role, or HR generalist role with ER focus.
- The ability to plan, organise, prioritise work and meet deadlines in a pressured environment and deal effectively with competing demands.
- Experience in workplace relations, and expertise in providing technical Industrial Relations advice as well as support across the employee lifecycle.
- The capacity to comprehend more technical IR/HR compliance and communicate them in a user-friendly manner.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite with a strong customer service orientation and continuous improvement approach.
- Good understanding of the workings within the Fair Work Commission regarding conferences, hearings, and arbitration, along with a knowledge of Fair Work Act and industrial agreement terms, conditions and remuneration.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information appropriately.
- A valid NDIS Worker Screening clearance or be willing to obtain one.
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you have some of the following:
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience working in the aged care industry.
Please click the link below to view the position description:
Why Helping Hand?
Here at Helping Hand we truly care about how you are. Here are some of the things we hope you’ll love about working with us:
- We are who you are
At Helping Hand, you’ll find real support from teammates and managers who share your values and strengths.
- We are where you are
Helping Hand operates in over 20 communities across South Australia, where we were born and where our roots will always be.
- We care how you are
Be part of a kind, friendly team that genuinely cares about you and your wellbeing.
You’ll also enjoy a range of other benefits:
- Be part of a warm, friendly team that genuinely cares about you and your wellbeing
- Maximise your take-home pay by salary packaging up to $15,899 each year
- Enjoy an additional $2,650 tax free per year with our Meal and Entertainment Card
- Prioritise your health and wellbeing with discounted private health insurance, plus our Employee Assistance Program
- Get active with our Fitness Passport Program and enjoy discounted gym memberships for you and your family
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Are you ready to lend a helping hand?
Join us at Helping Hand and help shape your future and ours.
We will be reviewing applications as they are submitted and conducting interviews accordingly.
Apply online today, or to find out more please contact Jerusha Dolan on 8366 5455.
Current Helping Hand employees must notify their manager of their intent to apply.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and hold relevant checks or be willing to obtain them. Successful candidates will be required to attend an induction session before commencing work.
Helping Hand welcomes and respects the diversity our clients, staff and volunteers bring. Regardless of their culture, religion, spirituality, age, gender, sexuality, disability, socio-economic background or personal experiences, our people are included and respected.
Helping Hand strongly recommends that all employees receive COVID-19 and flu vaccinations, as we work in a high-risk setting and are in contact with vulnerable people.