Job title: Director of Corporate Accounting
Company: Ethan Conrad Properties Inc
Expected salary: $150000 – 170000 per year
Location: Sacramento, CA
Director of Corporate Accounting Job Details:
Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. is one of the largest and the fastest growing Commercial Real Estate Companies in Sacramento, CA. With over 10MM square feet, over 160 properties, and over 250 buildings, valued at $1.3 billion dollars. ECP has had an Annual Growth of over 20% for the past 10 years and anticipates continued growth of 20% annually, creating more job opportunities internally and externally. ECP is a World Class Company.
As the leader of the accounting team, controllers are in charge of closely monitoring a company’s financial health. They typically maintain, manage, and analyze financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues, and more.
As the leader of the Corporate Controlling Unit, the Director of Corporate Accounting is in charge of preparing the consolidated financial statements of the organization, the various treasury tasks and responsibilities and providing guidance on real estate taxation topics. In addition, the Corporate Controller will lead and develop a team of finance professionals and work with cross-functional teams on various projects.
Objectives of this Role:
- Design and maintain the financial reporting platform (YARDI), including a proper Chart of Account
- Act as the primary authority for accounting policies, questions and guidelines
- Determine and implement effective and compliant accounting practices
- Lead the cash management day-to-day operations, while optimizing our cash flow
- Manage the annual federal and state tax return process
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain proper internal and financial controls, including for our information systems
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and tax standards and regulatory requirements
- Lead cross-functional month-end closing process
- Manage multiple bank and credit card reconciliations
- Ensure payroll and benefits are recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Determine and implement effective tax guidelines and policies
- Continuously identify process improvement, remove bottlenecks and document new SOPs when needed, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee, provide professional support and develop the Corporate Controlling Unit with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Required – at least 2 years work on YARDI software (mandatory)
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant license (current)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in real estate taxation and current IRS / state guidelines and practices
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial management
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis and internal controls environments
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
Apply for the job now!